Idaho 2023

Thank!. I just did that and all worked as it should. with confirmation numbers provided this third time. Only cost me over $3000 to get a confirmed elk tag. I know I will be refunded the two failed purchases someday
Which tag did you end up getting Kirby?

Honest question. We all rag on IDFG, however what they are doing js basically just a live "draw" so is this actually the real normal for all the other states and how their draws go? We just don't get to see it play out in realtime?
Let me see if I can summarize what happened. Some of these pieces are just speculation, educated guess if you will.
They open the Waiting Room at 9:30 where they will assign random numbers at 10am to make it "Fair". It shouldn't matter when you enter the waiting room, 9:35, 9:59, whatever, because these numbers will be randomly assigned at 10am and determine purchase order. By 9:31 everyone else trying to enter the waiting room is getting DNS (denial of service) error because the server can't handle the web traffic and is overloaded. How many people are in the waiting room is anyones guess. At 10am they assign some random numbers to the lucky individuals who were able to maintain a place in the waiting room. The sale process begins but the server is still overloaded, people still can't get into the waiting room to get a random number (Which you may realize at this point of the story, isn't random anymore because they assigned some already). Consequently, they pause the sale until 10:30 - 12 tags had been sold, if I remember correctly. (Speculation begins here) The tech firm in charge, transfers requests to a more powerful server that can handle more traffic. Between 10 and 10:30 people start to get into the waiting room and get a number, but these numbers range from meh to very bad to abysmal. At 10:30ish they reopen and being the sale process, which apparently doesn't go smoothly either. 1hr 45min later, after about 500 tags are sold, they pause the process again to make sure it is "working properly".
That's about where we stand right now, best I can tell. I still can't get on the Idaho GF website and remain in the queue for kicks and giggles.

Let me see if I can summarize what happened. Some of these pieces are just speculation, educated guess if you will.
They open the Waiting Room at 9:30 where they will assign random numbers at 10am to make it "Fair". It shouldn't matter when you enter the waiting room, 9:35, 9:59, whatever, because these numbers will be randomly assigned at 10am and determine purchase order. By 9:31 everyone else trying to enter the waiting room is getting DNS (denial of service) error because the server can't handle the web traffic and is overloaded. How many people are in the waiting room is anyones guess. At 10am they assign some random numbers to the lucky individuals who were able to maintain a place in the waiting room. The sale process begins but the server is still overloaded, people still can't get into the waiting room to get a random number (Which you may realize at this point of the story, isn't random anymore because they assigned some already). Consequently, they pause the sale until 10:30 - 12 tags had been sold, if I remember correctly. (Speculation begins here) The tech firm in charge, transfers requests to a more powerful server that can handle more traffic. Between 10 and 10:30 people start to get into the waiting room and get a number, but these numbers range from meh to very bad to abysmal. At 10:30ish they reopen and being the sale process, which apparently doesn't go smoothly either. 1hr 45min later, after about 500 tags are sold, they pause the process again to make sure it is "working properly".
That's about where we stand right now, best I can tell. I still can't get on the Idaho GF website and remain in the queue for kicks and giggles.
Then add the part that in person & phone caller sales are working & buying up the high demand tags! Uck!!!!

In 2020 I had a number in the 5000's and it took 40 minutes to buy a tag.

Seems like it's taking longer to sell out this year. Not for lack of people screaming, "Take my Money!!"

Seems like it's taking longer to sell out this year. Not for lack of people screaming, "Take my Money!!"
To be fair, i feel like that is because they delayed sales 30 mins to start and then paused at around 500 tags sold and just now started back up. By this time last year, wayyy more tags had been sold

Back