Idaho 2 Bear area ?s

I've never hunted Idaho before for bears but am going to head that way this spring to try and shoot my first bear. I was wondering if someone could share with me the scoop on the units that have the reduced price bear tags for non residents as well as the 2 bear limit. I am guessing that this is primarily due to either an extremely high number of bears in those units or they are difficult units to hunt and therefore they offer cheaper tags to give folks more incentive to hunt there. Are these correct assumptions? Also would these units be good for a hunter who wont be able to bait and will be doing spot and stalk or should I pick a different unit. I've heard good things about unit 1 up north. I'm not interested in shooting the biggest bear on the mountain, a nice average color phase bear would be perfect. Thanks in advance for the help.

Mainly fairly limited access and lots of them have large amounts of federally designated wilderness areas. Another issue in most of the two bear areas was poor elk calf recruitment issues that were mainly due to black bear predation, thus the 2 bear oppurtunity to try and reduce pressure on calf elk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back