Ice fishing in colorado

Jamen

I am planning a trip to go down and see my buddy in Colorado here in December hopefully. I have 2 deer tags i need to fill here in ND first. If i tag out early i will be going before xmas if not it will most likely be the first of the year. Do any of you have any recommendations for ice fishing around the littleton area. We will be doing some fly fishing as well but was tossing the idea of driving and not fly and brining my portable house and doing some ice fishing down there too. We would be on foot unless the ice is thick enough to drive a pickup on. I am very unfamiliar with ice fishing outside of fishing in ND and MN would i need anything different outside the different tackle to go after different fish that anyone could think of?

It’s 60 degrees today in denver with no serious cooling in the near future. Your best bet would be to go into the mountains for ice fishing. I don’t do it but there should be ice by then

I am planning a trip to go down and see my buddy in Colorado here in December hopefully. I have 2 deer tags i need to fill here in ND first. If i tag out early i will be going before xmas if not it will most likely be the first of the year. Do any of you have any recommendations for ice fishing around the littleton area. We will be doing some fly fishing as well but was tossing the idea of driving and not fly and brining my portable house and doing some ice fishing down there too. We would be on foot unless the ice is thick enough to drive a pickup on. I am very unfamiliar with ice fishing outside of fishing in ND and MN would i need anything different outside the different tackle to go after different fish that anyone could think of?

december, the mild weather we're likely to continue having, littleton area. i'd say just bring the fly rod.

probably some places to go if you're willing to drive several hours. look at the leadville area. i'd maybe call some shops to get their opinion on the ice or how thick they think it'll be by end of december up there.

december, the mild weather we're likely to continue having, littleton area. i'd say just bring the fly rod.

probably some places to go if you're willing to drive several hours. look at the leadville area. i'd maybe call some shops to get their opinion on the ice or how thick they think it'll be by end of december up there.
Thanks! that was one of my concerns was how mild it has been there lately. I forget i live way up north lol

As everyone has said, been a very warm fall and hard to say when even the mountains will have good ice. Check out the South Park area, Antero, Terryall and 11 mile are all good lakes, and roughly a 2 hour drive in good weather from Littleton. You should be able to find the conditions on these lakes fairly easily.

Thank you all! Worst case scenario i make a couple trips! i think ice fishing for trout would be a blast!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back