Caribou Gear

Ibex Hunt in Kyrgyzstan

3/4 Slam Ram

I returned recently from Kyrgzstan on an Ibex hunt. This was the most grueling hunt I have been on. The mountians are as steep as the Chugach in Alaska but at 13,000 ft it kicks your butt. The temperatures were bone chilling and the wind would just about blow you off the mountian. Here are a few pictures. Sorry the pictures are so large I cannot edit them.

Thanks,

3/4 Slam Ram

Attachments

• PB090029.JPG
    PB090029.JPG
    901 KB · Views: 376
  • PB090030.JPG
    PB090030.JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 376
  • PB100038.JPG
    PB100038.JPG
    895 KB · Views: 383
  • PB100042.JPG
    PB100042.JPG
    817.1 KB · Views: 384
Outstanding! Congrats on the Ibex.

I think an Ibex huntwill be my next 'big' out of country trip.

How about some details on the hunt. Who did you book with, gear, flights, etc.

Way cool. I had an uncle that went to Russia shortly after the fall of the soviet union to video a couple of friends hunting them. Was truly amazing video, country and animals. Congrats big time on a awesome critter. I think if I ever hunt Ibex it will be in the southwest US.

Bambistew,

I booked with profihunt see link below. They were awesome everything turned out great. My flights were from Boise to San Francisco on United. Then from S.F. to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Istambul on Luftansa. We stayed in Istambul over night to see some sights. The next day we flew from Istambul to Bishkek Kyrgyzstan on Turkish Airlines. It was three days of flying. What gear do you want to know about?

Thanks,

3/4 Slam Ram

http://http://www.profihunt.com/

Outstanding! Congrats on the Ibex.

I think an Ibex huntwill be my next 'big' out of country trip.

How about some details on the hunt. Who did you book with, gear, flights, etc.

Opps my bad:D I would have gone to Kazakhstan to see his sister:D

Nice critter. Looks butta$$ cold.

awesome job--would be interested also in the gear you took and used--did you bring your own rifle, etc....again congrats..........chris

NICE! Looks like hella fun trip in some amazing country. Thanks for sharing! IMO, ibex are just behind markhor as some of the neatest looking critters on the planet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back