Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I won a Mystery Ranch Selway 60- need advice on what extras yall recommend

TrickyTross

So, after a lifetime of doing the ole "Like this post, tag 3 buddies, fill out this form" Or "Enter this Giveaway"; it happened. The giveaway gods smiled and I am now the new owner (when it gets here) of a Mystery Ranch Selway 60 and Guide-Lite Frame. Its from a pretty credible company, I wont say who cause I do not know the ends and outs of all that stuff in the forum realm.
Which brings me to my questions I had for some of you who run Mystery Ranch- Should I order a Mule Bag to use for Whitetail and other day hunts? The Selway may be perfect for me for 3-4 day backcountry hunts, but I was curious if anyone went to a larger bag in the MR universe? What accessories do you recommend?

Hope you all are doing well!

get yourself the bear spray and rangefinder holster unless you already have those. I would say get one of the MR QuickDraw sling but their reviews are less than stellar so Kifaru GunBearer might be a better option.
If you're wearing your pack and orange is required then definitely get the Blaze Stick it...probably should get one even if not required.

I have a Selway and love it. Use it for everything from deer, turkey and Mulies, it will go to Co this fall for elk. Real do it all pack. Very comfortable.

Gun bearer. Not sure if it is daypack compatible, but a MR Daypack lid adds a lot of storage and keeps the stuff you use a lot close and easy to get to.

I also have a new Selway....it does seem to compress really well and I think it will be good for day pack or whitetail, planning I could use load shelf for hauling my lone wolf climber around for whitetails in IA.

For those that posted maybe a couple clarifying questions could help me and the OP.....

Running the kifaru gun bearer are u running the universal version or the one designed for kifaru packs?

I have a rain fly but have seen several bag dump videos w guys using dry bags for pack organization.....was thinking of going that route and ditching the fly....bad idea? Using both seems redundant.....

My plan for multi day trips includes a large dry bag on the load shelf for food going in that can be easily dropped off once camp is set up.

I was thinking about buying a Metcalf bag next year if I like the frame and everything. Like yours pretty good?

I think the only bag only options you can buy new are the mule and pintler. Maybe you can find a metcalf bag on eBay though. I have a mule and love it for day hunts. I’d like to have a larger bag for overnight trips though.

I also have a new Selway....it does seem to compress really well and I think it will be good for day pack or whitetail, planning I could use load shelf for hauling my lone wolf climber around for whitetails in IA.

For those that posted maybe a couple clarifying questions could help me and the OP.....

Running the kifaru gun bearer are u running the universal version or the one designed for kifaru packs?

I have a rain fly but have seen several bag dump videos w guys using dry bags for pack organization.....was thinking of going that route and ditching the fly....bad idea? Using both seems redundant.....

My plan for multi day trips includes a large dry bag on the load shelf for food going in that can be easily dropped off once camp is set up.

I use the Kifaru universal gun bearer with the selway. I also use the pack fly and dry bags both. I hate having my stuff get wet inside the pack.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back