I was hoping there would be a recipe section. (Spicy Turkey Nuggets Anyone?)

RG_Adult_Onset_Hunter

I was a debt collector for more than a decade; as a result of this I have some experience bringing people bad news with decorum. That said, I can't help myself when I hear someone bad mouth wild turkey. If you think wild turkey tastes bad you simply need to learn how to cook. It's great meat and should be treated with pride. That little PSA out of the way. Let's talk turkey.

Recently I had some turkey breast leftover that I had brined for a few days from a mammoth tom I shot, the tender on one lobe was more than enough to feed my wife and I. This is what I came up with for the rest.

Spicy Wild Game Nugget Recipe

IMG_6756.JPG

Breading
  • ¼ Cup Fresh Ground Cornmeal
  • ¼ Cup Fresh Ground Amaranth
  • 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
  • 3 Tbsp Paprika
  • 2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
  • 3 Tbsp Olive Oil (if Baking; omit if frying)
Dipping Sauce
  • ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
  • The juice of ½ of a lemon
  • Finely chopped Cilantro to taste
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Mix the dipping sauce ingredients.
Finely grind spices and mix with the rest of the dry breading ingredients. Cut a piece of wild game meat into nugget sized pieces with sharp edges (they crisp better that way). This is a great use of a brined wild turkey breast (brined with bay leaf). In a large lidded container shake the breading and the meat to get an even coating. Then add olive oil and shake again, this will help get a thick coat of breading on the nuggets and help with the crisping process in the oven.

Roast Nuggets for 20 Minutes.

Last edited:
I agree! I make deep fried turkey nuggets all the time in my fish basket. I chunk up and coat with the spicy shore lunch brand or other fish fry brands coatings. Most of the time people gobble it down without dipping sauces!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back