Caribou Gear

I want to plan a spring Bear hunt 2011

Outside

I am hoping to go to Oregon or Idaho to hunt spring bear this year and am starting to do some research. If anyone has done this before ON YOUR OWN please pass along any info if you can.

I am in the LA area and want to be able to drive up for a week or so. I am not so sure I will be able to hunt the fall seasons but got an ELK in fall 2010 in NEW Mexico sept archery hunt. This was my very first Elk hunt ever and first Bow kill too.

I am planning on spot & stalk, and using either my .270 WSM or a 45-70 lever {which I haven't bought yet}.

I am just including the Elk picture for fun - but would like any onfo on planning the bear hunt. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8754.JPG
    IMG_8754.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 422
Welcome! You've come to the right place to learn about spring bears. There's been a couple of other threads on the subject so rather than retype that information here's a link to the latest thread.

I don't know anything about Idaho or Oregon areas, but the hunting strategy should be the same.

Nice elk BTW!

I see you found the other thread on spring bear hunting... Lot of good info there.

Attachments

• IMG_8754[1].JPG
    IMG_8754[1].JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZ Huntin'
Back