Caribou Gear

I stole a gun today

So I stop in to my local gun shop looking for some goose loads. This is a place where I've become pretty good friends with all the employees over the years. A fella walks in a little while later and flops a gun case on the counter and wants to trade in a rifle on a handgun. I see the rifle come out of the case and I become very interested. It's a 90's era Remington Model Seven CDL .243 Win wearing a Leupold VX3i 3.5x10x40. Guy states he hasnt shot the rifle since it was sighted in 30 years ago, as he bought it for his daughter and she never turned into a hunter. The LGS employees make him a lowball offer which he was preparing to begrudgingly accept. I interjected with my interest and, with the blessing of the gunshop employees, made a counter offer. He accepted and ended up putting the money towards the handgun he came in to trade for.

$600 later this pretty little thing lives with me now. Always wanted a Model Seven, never did get those goose loads though...

View attachment 208331

View attachment 208332
View attachment 208333View attachment 208334
EVERY Gunshop in Las Vegas would of banned you at that point ,friends or not,for doing that.

...sigh...

I regret it every single time I click on the "show ignored content" button... when will I learn

I'll be sure to keep my shenanigans to rural Pennsylvania. I wouldn't dare attempt such a heist in a place like Vegas thats known for its moral high ground and fair business deals.

I feel like I stole one a couple of weeks ago. Picked up a smith model 41 .22 caliber target pistol with a red dot scope and 2 mags for 600 bucks. very nice shape and 1999 manufacture date.

Couple weeks ago, saw an AD, just gave the man his asking price: Older Mod 700 BDL Blue 24" bbl, 25-06 in a B&C Synthetic Stock (one of the nice ones!) w/Leupold VXII 3x9 and 6 boxes of new Remington 120gr factory loads..$800 :)

Last edited:
Couple weeks ago, saw an AD, just gave the man his asking price: Older Mod 700 BDL Blue 24" bbl, 25-06 in a B&C Synthetic Stock (one of the nice ones!) w/Leupold VXII 3x9 and 6 boxes of new Remington 120gr factory loads..$800 :)
Always nice running into a good deal.

Though shall not steal, Reverend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back