I stayed at a holiday inn once, but i was wrong

By most matrix's italy has a very good health care system. You want to blame demographics, living conditions, societal norms, poor planing pre infestion of the virus .....all that I can entertain. $hit health care. Not so much.

We better be really careful pointing fingers because we do not have such a stellar heathcare system ourselves, and furthermore...take a look around at the humans around next time your at your local corporate mega stimulus infuesd stores....and i would be surpised if it looked like a picture for healthy humanity.

Also check out some of the death rates in the US.... I think Mass is going to be fine. Louisiana's rate is starting to scare me.

Also check out some of the death rates in the US.... I think Mass is going to be fine. Louisiana's rate is starting to scare me.

Agree. Ithink when this all pans out we might see some surprising abnormalities and trends.

The number of deaths per cases in NY so far is testament to our providers and what they are putting on the line for all of us.

New Orleans mayor didn’t cancel the Mardi Gra when she knew the virus was spreading. Now she’s blaming the Feds for lack of direction. Why is it every time something bad happens in NO’s the Democrat mayors and governors blame someone else? Remember Nagan after Katrina? Dems refuse to take responsibility and be proactive concerning their constituents.

Hitting closer to personal, and a cautionary tale......
Today, the first phone call from a friend - positive results.
His wife left Houston early last week, against recommendations, flew to NYC to meet friends socially - no business or essential reasons.
Came home to family, felt a bit ill, got tested at a private facility in Houston (as they have the $$ means). Now under protocols. Family testing. Acquaintance testing.
So easy to avoid this, but so difficult for so many to comprehend.
More of these stories will come.

New Orleans mayor didn’t cancel the Mardi Gra when she knew the virus was spreading. Now she’s blaming the Feds for lack of direction. Why is it every time something bad happens in NO’s the Democrat mayors and governors blame someone else? Remember Nagan after Katrina? Dems refuse to take responsibility and be proactive concerning their constituents.

I think passing the buck transcends party lines.

If you have any friends in the healthcare profession ask them what our triage plans are if and when things get bad.
Ummmmm.... if you look like hell coming in the door bc you smoke, have DM, or whatever else lifestyle disease, and there's one vent: Do you get the vent, or does this younger healthier person get the vent? it's gonna be younger and healthier person every time. We aren't making those calls yet, but if people get stupid and try to go to church or school or that concert because they couldn't just stay home, the whole country will look like NYC and we'll have 150 million cases and 3-5 million deaths pretty quick.

The denominator doesn’t @&%# matter if the numerator ends up at 80-100k. IMHO
if the denominator was 200 million.. or the entire country it would..im not making light of this in anyway i don't want to get it. all I'm saying is you can't grasp the scope of the problem without all the data, yes its obviously serious that's apparent.

Last edited:
Ummmmm.... if you look like hell coming in the door bc you smoke, have DM, or whatever else lifestyle disease, and there's one vent: Do you get the vent, or does this younger healthier person get the vent? it's gonna be younger and healthier person every time. We aren't making those calls yet, but if people get stupid and try to go to church or school or that concert because they couldn't just stay home, the whole country will look like NYC and we'll have 150 million cases and 3-5 million deaths pretty quick.

You forgot the other deciding factors like the results of the wallet biopsy to determine the extant of ones bank account and insurance.

You forgot the other deciding factors like the results of the wallet biopsy to determine the extant of ones bank account and insurance.
I feel very fortunate that I have always had insurance but sadly I know there are some who don't. The more proud ones also don't seek attention as soon as they should if at all and for sure have a higher death rate whatever the disease or health concern. Same with dental care. It wouldn't surprise me if some didn't live near as long as they would have had they good dental care or any dental care at all for that matter. Dental care too has become as expensive as other medical care and is expensive even when you have insurance.

I just got a message that said the coronavirus has hit the one million mark worldwide. Sad day in history. Even sadder it's still spreading and like someone said that's only the reported cases and I'm sure there were likely more than a million not reported.

Starting to make those calls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back