Caribou Gear Tarp

I Missed!

ARCAT

i just returned from my kansas whitetail deer hunt. I get to go about every three years and hunt with a high school buddy who has 40,000 acres. Its in Muley country so I get to go because I agree to only shoot a whitetail. I have taken 3 bucks there, a 151, a 161, and a 163. This year a monster had been seen that was around 24 wide, super heavy 10 pointer. We glassed him 3 times and finally caught him bedded in some yucca's, alone. If he doesn't score 170 its because he's 180. We got to within 70 yards with him bedded, looking into the wind, facing away. He looked extra large in the scope. I shot and missed. No idea where the bullet went, possibly high and to the left but no one knows for sure. Its quite the weird feeling to be back at work with an unpunched tag.

That sucks! Sorry man. Good dreams for the next three years eh? :)

Ouch!!! I feel for you. One that size would defiinitely have my scope jiggling a bit.

that sucks.. dont worry, it happens. I took my boy out for aa doe hunt his weekend and we sat in a pop up blind Saturday morning with -5F temps and waited for a doe. Good thing i had the propane heater going or the little guy would have froze. We never saw a deer saterday morning, and sat night we saw one right at dark that didnt give a shot. Sunday morning was a no deer day as well. Seems they went nocturnal on us. Too bad the little guy did'nt get into some blood and guts this year as i look forward to that hunt as much as any but he was a trooper anyway.

I missed one that would of gone 170ish once.Every now and then he pops up in my dreams.Thanks for reminding me of it.

They are supposed to overhaul the system for non-resident tags in KS so maybe I'll be able to draw sooner rather than later. My buddy called last night. The big buck is alive and well. and still laughing at me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back