I made a comment on Randy's hacked FB page. Got banned by FB within 30 seconds. Yet the spam remains

I hate to be conspiracy-minded, but these screen shots I am able to take as an "analyst" on my page have me wondering. I can only look at the page as an analyst, not control anything, not deleting anything, not make any changes.

FB splits the ad revenue with the Business Page, usually 60/40. All of my videos are de-monetized due to me having "Hunter" in my page name. So, I get no revenue on my FB page.

Look at the revenue these hackers have been able to direct to the first video they posted that is now almost a week on our channel. This is their share of the 60/40 split. I wish it was dropping in my bank account for the hassle factor, but it is not. They have re-directed everything on my business page, so the money is going in their accounts.

They must have access to big ad accounts to drive that much revenue. I suspect that some big ad accounts have no idea where their $1000's per day of FB ads are being served, so this might just be rounding errors for them. But, there are ads being served in a huge way that is generating a pot full of money for the hackers.

Am I a conspiracy-wonk to think FB has almost no incentive to address this due to the fact it makes them this much money, rather than costs them this much money?

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 11.47.18 AM.png

When I look at where all the views are coming from for this video, it surely is not reflective of the geo-demo we see for our audience.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 11.46.30 AM.png

The only progress made is that the videos scheduled by the two main hackers, Deewata Whor and Kram Semaj Oirago, are now being held up and not being published. The videos they did publish are still out there funneling ad revenue to them and FB. I can see a lot of the videos have a ton of negative reports, so hopefully the audience who is reporting these videos has made a difference and caused our page to be flagged and thus put a hold on any further video publishing.

I have inquired as to legal remedies, most of which have ended in the opinion that Section 230 and the Terms of Service are so protective that Big Tech is under the umbrella of "Held Harmless," no matter how negligent or indifferent they are to the businesses impacted by this.

To make it worse, I have been contacted by other Business Page managers with worse stories. Some of them have lost control of their pages for 3-4 months.

I hate to be conspiracy-minded, but these screen shots I am able to take as an "analyst" on my page have me wondering. I can only look at the page as an analyst, not control anything, not deleting anything, not make any changes.

FB splits the ad revenue with the Business Page, usually 60/40. All of my videos are de-monetized due to me having "Hunter" in my page name. So, I get no revenue on my FB page.

Look at the revenue these hackers have been able to direct to the first video they posted that is now almost a week on our channel. This is their share of the 60/40 split. I wish it was dropping in my bank account for the hassle factor, but it is not. They have re-directed everything on my business page, so the money is going in their accounts.

They must have access to big ad accounts to drive that much revenue. I suspect that some big ad accounts have no idea where their $1000's per day of FB ads are being served, so this might just be rounding errors for them. But, there are ads being served in a huge way that is generating a pot full of money for the hackers.

Am I a conspiracy-wonk to think FB has almost no incentive to address this due to the fact it makes them this much money, rather than costs them this much money?

View attachment 180612

When I look at where all the views are coming from for this video, it surely is not reflective of the geo-demo we see for our audience.

View attachment 180613

i'm telling ya randy for whatever people think of people like daines, it would light him up to know about this. they're always looking for a reason to score political points against the likes of facebook and could help fix your problem

The deregulation craze of the last few years has lead us to this.

I tend to view these sites less than utilities (that would be the net in general), and more of a pub or gathering place. Totally agree that regulation is necessary for the internet, but you ahve to make rule, laws & regulations that don't simply single out one app or website over others. If we are going to demand truth in advertising, etc, then let's do it for print & television as well. We've gone so far down the hole of "market freedom" that we're allowing ourselves to be lied too, manipulated and pushed around by people who only value profit. We've traded the yolk of government regulation for the chains of social media algorithms.

I deleted my twitter account. I'm about there on FB. I can't remember the last time I used my instagram account.
My view is that internet businesses should be self regulating just like any other business. Sponsors aren't going to shell out cash for advertising unless that advertising increases sales. If the media business exists by getting sponsors then that business must be able to control the content or they will fail.

Facebook security has always been an issue. I never thought they would be around this long. I hate to say it but they might find that a lawsuit is cheaper than revamping their security and monitoring their content. FB and the other big hosts may find that dealing with thousand's of hacked accounts every day costs them more than the loss of those hacked accounts.

I am a scientist (not a business person) that is more interested in the science behind the technology than the technology itself.

Frustrating. These hackers seem to have their system down and as long as FB gets a piece of the action they don't seem to care :rolleyes:. Glad the survey was sent out. Curious to see what the consensus will be.

Frustrating. These hackers seem to have their system down and as long as FB gets a piece of the action they don't seem to care :rolleyes:. Glad the survey was sent out. Curious to see what the consensus will be.
There is alot of cash and some "big outfits" backing these hackers. They target the most profitable and the most vulnerable business accounts. Then there is the issue of who builds the software systems. At one point many of the system design contracts were going to Mumbai. Then those Mumbai contracts were being farmed out to software system engineers in any and every country that would come in with the lowest bid. The customer can end up with crap. A person really needs to be careful when entering a contract for an internet portal.

I opened a Facebook account recently to contact the daughter of a rancher friend near Saco who died last summer. I worked with the guy at the plant back in the eighties and have hunted his block management place for several years. Wanted to express my condolences and pass on a story. Facebook was the only way I could find to contact her. As far as I can tell still no response from her business account. I'm guessing she has given up on it due to similar spamming. Facebook still keeps sending me emails with possible unknown friends to check out. I NEVER open their pages! If I was looking to meet gals I would join a dating site. Those outfits are usually monitored more closely than Facebook ... which is not saying anything much. Beginning to think I made a BIG mistake. Watching the US run (amok) the last four years from a Twitter account soured me from ever joining that site.

I got 'Blanked' by FB during the election process, guess FB didn't appreciate my position.......'Nuff Said.

I too reported every one of the highjacked videos I saw on FB. They finally came back with some BS about how the post did not violate their standards. I finally had enough and I deleted my account. Big Fin I am sorry this happened to you, but I am glad it was the push I needed to flush FB down the toilet. I will spend more time here with like minded folks.

I reported all videos as a scam or fraud. Doubtful it will do any good as per FB standards but hopefully there will be enough reports to FB that they shut the page down for review. I can't believe that there is no way to better get the attention of the administrators as to what is going on.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back