Caribou Gear Tarp

I leave in 2 weeks

Shaky

Finally, I am going to Africa to hunt. Myself and a buddy leave 2 weeks from today.

On the list are Kudu, Zebra, Gemsbok, Impala, Springbok and Blesbok. We are going for 12 days (10 days of hunting). We fly from Atlanta to Cape Town then onto Port Elizabeth. On the return we fly from Port Elizabeth to Joburg then to Atlanta.

I got so many shots when I drink water it comes out even on both sides.

I will be sure to post pictures on our return.

Don

I wish you the very best on your hunt and have a GREAT time. Looking forward to hearing some good stories and seeing even better pictures. Good luck Don.

Elk, Cal, and Elk,

Thanks guys. I will be sure to take a lot of pictures and share will all you great people.

Been so long now, I can't remember which of you I hog hunted with. :(

Don

Hey Shaky,

Take a small tape recorder too (video is great)
but you can set the recorder down while your BS'ing around the fire or running after something to get a shot. I have found this stuff to bring back MANY fond memories over a few jack and cokes.

ENJOY! You will NEVER forget it.
(yes, I'm jealous right now)

Good luck Shaky ;)

I hope you have a great and safe trip!

Would like to go one day myself.

Shaky,
Have a great and safe hunting trip and will be looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get back. :cool:

DixieLady

Thanks All,

I am ready to go back right now. In fact I cancelled 2 hunts already to save up to go back. I won't be elk hunting this fall in Colorado and I cancelled 1 hog hunt in Texas for next Feb. Thats how much I want to go back.

Oscar,

Send me an e-mail and I can get into the details with you. I'll give you my number and your free to call me if you want.

I have picture hosting on my forum but for some reason it doesn't work on this forum. I am posting a link to my forum and all can go and read the info and view the pictures. I would suggest, once the pictures load, you click on the pictures for a clearer view. All pictures posted on my forum are automatically made smaller so one doesn't have to scroll left and right to read text.

http://groovebullets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1639

I will be adding more in the following days.

To all,

What I had imagined South Africa to look like in my mind was not what it looked like. There are mountains and streams/rivers all over the place. It was a lot "greener" then I had imagined it would be. It reminded me of Colorado, only with different types of trees.

Don

Kev,

We did have a great time. Jim went with me. I am sure you remember Jim from the sheep hunt in Texas. He couldn't afford the "package" so I donated 4 animals from my "package" and he killed a 18" Blesbok, Impala (I don't remember what it measured) and a 51" Kudu. He missed a 54" Kudu 2 days earlier when his shooting sticks slipped and moved just as he touched off the trigger. We all felt bad for him that day.

We had 1.2 million acres available to hunt on. To give you an idea the ranch Jim shot his 51" Kudu is 56 miles long by 23 miles wide. It is a HUGE peice of property. All the farms we hunted are privately owned and nobody else hunts them except clients taken out by our PH's. Our PH's were born and raised in the area and have been PH's for many years.

In addition to the hunting we went fishing for 3 days on the "Sundays" river for Tiger Fish. We were not more then 1 mile from the Indian Ocean. The local slang for them is "grunters" because once caught and placed in the boat they make this "grunting" noise. I must say, I have never heard a sound like that come from a fish.

All the animals we hunted were born on the properties we hunted. None are brought in. The properties are huge in size and the animals are very wary. It took me 5 days of hard hunting to get a nice Bushbuck. That is an animal I will definately go after again because they are such a challenge.

Be well,

Don

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back