I got blood on my arrow

mdcrossbow

and in my van LOL

It was friggin HOT !

The Slick Trick did it's job. I've been using them ever since they can out about 7 years ago. They hit where I aim and 99.9999...........% passthroughs, can't get much better then that.

The moon transit was set for 12:00 noon today so I figured that the deer would move around 4-4:30, sure enough like clock work as I was driving out I saw doe's feeding on the side of the road. I was in my squeaky stand by 4:30 at 5:30 I saw some deer moving and 1st a spike came out then a BIG MAMA and her BB. My stand squeaked a bit and she didn't lie that but I held my own and she went back to munching on acorns, finily she offered me a 28 yards broadside shot about 6:00 and I slammed her with the old Slick Trick , sorry new Slick trick LOL
She beat feet about 50 yards and crashed in the woods.
Just finished gutting her up and she is in the freezer.

1st one of the season and it FEELS GOOD !

The best thing about the whole hunt, she was the main squeeze of the big bucks and she was a smart one. SO now the little one's will have to learn on there own.

519141.JPG

519142.JPG

Xbow . body count= 1
39 to go! :D

got my cherry out of the way also. killed a doe on monday.
JB body count = 1
cant let you get ahead of me!

I like a good steak.
it's even better when someone else is buying. :D

Nice work. I havn't had the drive to sit in a tree stand and melt... To friggn hot to hunt deer. Hope it cools off this weekend.

Bambi, I hear ya. But it was either a nice buck or a Nanny. Nothing else was getting an arrow. I reloaded my bow and waited for 15 minutes for another deer then I started thinking, WTF am I doing ? It's so figging hot, I'm going to die just getting this one out of here and cut up much less two deer. Although it was a good evening for deer movement and a strong possibility for the big 10 spotted in the yard this week I came to my senses LOL

JB , sorry we couldn't get together today for lunch, but maybe if your real nice to me I'll have you on a back yard hunt when you get the time , Give me a call Bro.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back