I got a WOODY !!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
got my Wood Ducks back from the Taxidermist, It's a Hanging mount but I have it at the Office for some Pics. Of course pics don't do them Jusstice, But something for me to share :

wood.sized.jpg

wood1.sized.jpg

wood2.sized.jpg

wood3.sized.jpg

wood4.sized.jpg

Excellent mounts Moosie,glad you finally got a woodie [snark-snark]
biggrin.gif

I'm still not sure that my duck, I know when It was wet it didn't look that nice :

ducks1023.jpg
ducks1023both.jpg

And the Eye's weren't quite that red around them.
tongue.gif

But it was probably the Best day hunting last year for me. I had skipped work in the morning to go hunting and around 8 I called in from the hunting blind. I asked to Speak to Elkturd. She transfered me and He said "You're hunting huh?" I couldn't even get a word in before I started laughing !!! I said, YAH, I'm going to be a little late. ... I said, "HOLD ON" and just then the ducks came in and I unloaded on them, Tossesd the phone in the Bottom of the Blind and ran out in the Water to get them... 5 or so mins passed and I came back and he was still on the phone. He asked if I got any and I said... "Uhhh I think they are wood ducks". I had shot the pair.

Anyways... MAkes for a good story to have ElkTurd with me via Cell phone with my first WOODIES
wink.gif

If he cant be there in person atleast he can be there cellularly.
cool.gif

I think I almost got Chatterbox talked into letting me put some dead stuff on the walls. I think a few birds would be nice. But then I'd probably keep pulling feathers out for some exotic fly and end up with naked birds.
biggrin.gif

LOL Flytier...
biggrin.gif

It's amazing how a good taxadermist can turn a seeming mess into a work of art!!!
biggrin.gif

Nice mounts. I too have two geese, 5 wood ducks, and a tukrey with a 14inch beard ( 1 inch spurs ) at the taxidermist. I have the wood ducks coming out of the wall so to speak lighting up. They are going to look as if they are going to land. Wood ducks are pretty much all i kill down here. I get a limit of wood ducks to every greenhead. They sure are fun. I hunt them in little sloughs and they come flying down them fast. They look like little F16 fighterjets. I saw a ton of them this morning. I cant wait until season. I post some pictures when they get back.

later, MM

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back