I dont know what I would do without my full sized pickup truck

Hear me out...

Cowboy boots and trucks, both absolutely the best for a specific task. Both horrifically impractical for just about anything else. 95% of those who buy either live in cities and have never, nor will ever use them for the original task they were designed for and are owned purely as a status symbol/as a cultural emblem.
If lookin' bad ass, drivin' fast, haulin' heavy loads, and showing the other sex you got style is impractical then I don't what to tell some of you fellers.

Is this "impractical" stuff the garbage the coastal elites discuss at Martha's Vineyard and Dunkin' Donuts? Probably a hot topic with the Sox being terrible, crypto struggling, and Tommy Touchdowns winning rings in Tampa.

Idk what defines a cowboy boot, but I’ve always found slip on boots to be quite capable footwear.
I’ve only switched to lace up because I can only afford one pair of fine Italian boots.
Definition... "A riding boot popularized in the American west, derived from Spanish riding boots, and heavily influenced from vaqueros in northern Mexico."

Point being it's riding footwear, culturally it's become ubiquitous as casualwear which is interesting so much as you would get some weird looks if you wore an English riding boot to a bar... leather, slip on, riding boot. In the Ford/Chevy debate of riding boots one hands down trounced the other.

IMHO a Xtratuff/muck style boot makes a much more practical slip on boot in most of the country, esp as few people are doing any riding.

"cowboy boots" do... to @ShootsManyBullets's point look bad ass, but it's also kinda funny they are a thing if you think about it, in the same way it's kinda funny the F-150 is the number 1 selling vehicle in America. Also in a day and age where only 2.4% of our vehicles have manual transmissions.

Last edited:
I’m a suburbanite. I have a 2 car garage and thats it. Plus a 6’2” 285 lb boy. So a 4dr pickup with a short box handles my day to day needs and my hunting and fishing needs. I drove SUVs for years but when I got into kayak fishing I saw the benefits of the pickup to haul the yak. Its proven to be my favorite vehicle over the years. I do have a trailer but it lives in other place. In my warehouse near my lease in Alabama Were I keep my atvs. Im single as well and only want one vehicle so all things considered a pickup works for me In every way.

Have 2 F250s, one gas, one diesel. Also have a 40’ 5th wheel that no suv can pull.
No one here paid for the trucks or have put one drop of fuel in them.
My money, my business, I’ll drive what I want.

Have 2 F250s, one gas, one diesel. Also have a 40’ 5th wheel that no suv can pull.
No one here paid for the trucks or have put one drop of fuel in them.
My money, my business, I’ll drive what I want.
Very well said. It's always been a wonderment why someone would overtax a little truck when there's a fair better choice for the job? Kinda like taking a .22 elk hunting.

Very well said. It's always been a wonderment why someone would overtax a little truck when there's a fair better choice for the job?
I mean you just can't with some people...

for instance, there are actually people in this country who like the Kansas City Chiefs, what a garbage franchise... hard to believe the choices people make.

Hear me out...

Cowboy boots and trucks, both absolutely the best for a specific task. Both horrifically impractical for just about anything else. 95% of those who buy either live in cities and have never, nor will ever use them for the original task they were designed for and are owned purely as a status symbol/as a cultural emblem.

I don't live in a city and cannot imagine the PITA it would be to not have a truck for a lot of life's tasks that I do near weekly, such as going to the dump with our garbage, hauling a wet dog, a 200 qt cooler, etc.

But Cowboy Boots are uncomfortable, tractionless, and nonsensible footwear for most potential activities. I don't get it.

I guess what your saying is toy truck drivers should wear cowboy boots? Probably the Stetson to complete "the look".

Culture <> Practical Use

If you own a [object] and aren't using if for its designed task
Then your ownership <> [use case]
If you own a [object] and it is being use for its designed task
Then your ownership == [use case]

use case users may argue that their [object] is the best for a [use case]

non use case users should have a sense of humor about their choice

both groups need to realize what group they fit into.

;)

i sold my cowboy boots a while back.

i just woke up one day and realized these are dumb and everybody i know who wears them is a poser. i didn't wanna be that guy anymore.

plus, they honestly made it kinda difficult and unsafe to try and drive a teeny little manual 1996 2.2 liter subaru hatchback.

i sold my cowboy boots a while back.

i just woke up one day and realized these are dumb and everybody i know who wears them is a poser. i didn't wanna be that guy anymore.

plus, they honestly made it kinda difficult and unsafe to try and drive a teeny little manual 1996 2.2 liter subaru hatchback.
Poseur??...."les bon temps rouler":)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back