Yeti GOBOX Collection

I dont know what I would do without my full sized pickup truck

Data? Who gives a snot about data? The point was that real truck surpass the wannabe little toy trucks. The little light duty soccer mom trucks with the 3-1/2 foot bed have a purpose just not in the real world where you actually need a full sized heavy duty pickup. Mileage? Who cares?

All shit slinging aside, I drove a Dodge 2500 for 20 years. Great truck for hauling four horses around the mountains, and hauling hay to feed them. The only time it rode smoothly was when it had a ton of stoker coal in the bed, or five tons of hay on a flatbed.

We got rid of horses, but I still drove it because it was what I knew. For another decade, that was my pickup. Then, one day I rode with a buddy in his Tundra on a two hour drive to a trailhead in the middle of nowhere, Idaho.

I couldn’t believe how smooth it was relative to my Dodge. I sold the Cummins and replaced it with a Tundra. Payload is less, so I had to be mindful of what I bought for a travel trailer. It works fine for what we do.

The only two pickups I’ve had towed were a Ford and a Chevy.

Drive what you want. I can borrow my daughter’s Subaru on the days I’m shooting my 6.5.

The inability to be pragmatic might be one of the most prevalent social diseases there is.

Back