Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

I dont know what I would do without my full sized pickup truck

I was getting ready to trade in my 2 wheel drive Van, my friend at the dealership Ask me why I wanted to trade in my Van.. I told him I would needed a full wheel drive pick up . He said just order a 4 wheel drive Van. I drive Chevy's and I didn't know that chevy was putting out a 4 wheel drive Van. That's the best vehicle I think I've ever owned.

I was getting ready to trade in my 2 wheel drive Van, my friend at the dealership Ask me why I wanted to trade in my Van.. I told him I would needed a full wheel drive pick up . He said just order a 4 wheel drive Van. I drive Chevy's and I didn't know that chevy was putting out a 4 wheel drive Van. That's the best vehicle I think I've ever owned.

I firmly believe that if you had folks type into a program the specs they need for a vehicle...clearance, MPG, torque, towing capacity, volume, etc that was rank ordered... so I need X mpg and but I also want X towing capacity and towing capacity is more important than MPG and then they were matched with the vehicle closest to that criteria most folks would be shocked at what they got.

Vehicle purchases, like all consumer goods in the US have very little to do with practicality and usage patterns and everything to do with marketing.

I'm the first one to admit I don't need my full size truck. I'm actually not a fan of it. Went from a Gen 2 Taco to Killverado 1500.

I should've bought a newer Taco. But I do need a truck, unless I could hook the RV to a Subbie and drive/strap the ATV to the roof?

I firmly believe that if you had folks type into a program the specs they need for a vehicle...clearance, MPG, torque, towing capacity, volume, etc that was rank ordered... so I need X mpg and but I also want X towing capacity and towing capacity is more important than MPG and then they were matched with the vehicle closest to that criteria most folks would be shocked at what they got.

Vehicle purchases, like all consumer goods in the US have very little to do with practicality and usage patterns and everything to do with marketing.
Yeah if someone is honest about just wanting a truck, then I couldn't care less. But I have to laugh at the people around here who "have to have a truck" so they can never tow anything, never go offroad, never fill the bed with anything that wouldn't go in a van or SUV, complain about their gas mileage, and take up 2 1/2 parking spots at the store.

Yeah if someone is honest about just wanting a truck, then I couldn't care less. But I have to laugh at the people around here who "have to have a truck" so they can never tow anything, never go offroad, never fill the bed with anything that wouldn't go in a van or SUV, complain about their gas mileage, and take up 2 1/2 parking spots at the store.
4 dudes on my block in Boston think they are @shrapnel... unless they are avid saltwater guys with boats stored somewhere then they definitely fall in that bucket.

I mean, people own sportscars... which probably the dumbest vehicle to own from any pratical stand point, but I've never had a dude with a Skylark try to bs me about why he owns it... "bro cause it's bitchin"... and I mean fair...

but the F-150 King Ranch that I see parked in Beacon hill... yeah, 100% dude is definitely getting 3 elk out of the hills in 14inches of snow... :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/454135136490225
1983 Amc eagle sx4 sport

I've owned an 83 Subaru wagon, it was a great rig. It lasted until our son beat the snot out of it off roading circa 2000. It hauled an elk home. Folded down the back seats, slid the elk in, twisted the neck back, cut the hind legs at the hock and away we went.

My last two trucks have been one ton single axle Chevy diesel trucks. The turning radius keeps me out of real tight spots, but then again when loaded with a slide in camper, and towing horses, a guy is mindful about going up a two track just to see what's up there.

I was talking to a guy at the gym a week or so ago, and we were talking trucks. He said his father was astounded when he purchased a short box truck. He father shook his head and said, damn, you can't even haul a sheet of plywood in it.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back