I dont know what I would do without my full sized pickup truck

I firmly believe that if you had folks type into a program the specs they need for a vehicle...clearance, MPG, torque, towing capacity, volume, etc that was rank ordered... so I need X mpg and but I also want X towing capacity and towing capacity is more important than MPG and then they were matched with the vehicle closest to that criteria most folks would be shocked at what they got.

Vehicle purchases, like all consumer goods in the US have very little to do with practicality and usage patterns and everything to do with marketing.

yea if I imputed data into that program id end up with a honda civic..... if I was a loser.... Hops into f-250, I'm BURNING ALL THE FUEL!!

He knew that, you either lay the tail gate down and have some risk of losing the load, or you rest it over the tail gate.

In his dad's eyes a proper pick up had an 8 foot bed. Now a days more trucks have shorter beds.

For my purposes an 8 foot bed works better. That way an 8.5foot slide-in camper sits flush with the rear bumper. Then I don't need a hitch extension to tow horses.

They make as many varieties of trucks as they do flavors of ice cream, something for most everyone.

You know what I see when I see a guy hauling lumber with a car and trailer? I see a guy hauling lumber with a car and trailer. Is small vehicle shaming really an issue? Seems like wokeness has entered every facet of society now 🤣. Who cares what anyone drives, not a hill I'm willing to die on and/or give a second thought about.

You know what I see when I see a guy hauling lumber with a car and trailer? I see a guy hauling lumber with a car and trailer. Is small vehicle shaming really an issue? Seems like wokeness has entered every facet of society now 🤣. Who cares what anyone drives, not a hill I'm willing to die on and/or give a second thought about.
bro just come out, its fine....

I like big trucks and I can not lie!

I drove a Jeep grand cherokee for over 10 years and did not own a truck in that time. I definitely made it work. However, once I got a truck, I haven't owned anything else. Of course, I'm doing quite a bit with it. I have renovated 3 homes in the last 5 years, done landscaping work, hauled trailers, etc. I'm not a ranch hand or anything of the sort. I have a primarily desk job, but do more than my fair share of stuff that I use my truck for. Could I do a ton, if not all of it, with a smaller vehicle. Sure. But, it would be a hell of a lot more work. Now my wife drives a jeep cherokee rather than me and we take it on road trips, but for everything I do, a truck is really nice to have.

I firmly believe that if you had folks type into a program the specs they need for a vehicle...clearance, MPG, torque, towing capacity, volume, etc that was rank ordered... so I need X mpg and but I also want X towing capacity and towing capacity is more important than MPG and then they were matched with the vehicle closest to that criteria most folks would be shocked at what they got.

Vehicle purchases, like all consumer goods in the US have very little to do with practicality and usage patterns and everything to do with marketing.
how dare you talks in facts and reason... blasphemy

So you can do stuff a pickup could do but it requires the purchase of a trailer that needs to be stored somewhere, connected/disconnected, maintained, limits your parking options in certain places, leaves your building materials where they get whatever water/rocks/snow/dirt your driving over thrown at them, and bounces them around a lot more. Congrats.

So you can do stuff a pickup could do but it requires the purchase of a trailer that needs to be stored somewhere, connected/disconnected, maintained, limits your parking options in certain places, leaves your building materials where they get whatever water/rocks/snow/dirt your driving over thrown at them, and bounces them around a lot more. Congrats.
Thats some interesting spin you've got there.

He still has seat space available for at least 3 lesbians on the drive home, so don't forget to mention that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back