MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

I dont know what I would do without my full sized pickup truck

I think the transmission in the Heartbeat of America is on life support. The persistent check engine light is back, along with a shudder at idle. In addition, three times today when hitting an interstate entrance ramp, I give it gas, RPMs shoot to 5500k, then a huge jolt when it downshifts. According to our fleet guy, that’s been the common symptom of borrowed time for these.

Awesome. Full size trucks aren’t worth much if they are always in the shop. I guess on the bright side, I didn’t have to wait for a tow in the 106 degree heat.

Off to the shop next week.

I think the transmission in the Heartbeat of America is on life support. The persistent check engine light is back, along with a shudder at idle. In addition, three times today when hitting an interstate entrance ramp, I give it gas, RPMs shoot to 5500k, then a huge jolt when it downshifts. According to our fleet guy, that’s been the common symptom of borrowed time for these.

Awesome. Full size trucks aren’t worth much if they are always in the shop. I guess on the bright side, I didn’t have to wait for a tow in the 106 degree heat.

Off to the shop next week.
We’ve actually clarified that half tons are not full size trucks and anything under a 3500 is for sissies and communists. Please try to keep up.

We’ve actually clarified that half tons are not full size trucks and anything under a 3500 is for sissies and communists. Please try to keep up.
Thank you! I’m gonna show this to my wife. She keeps telling me she’s tired of riding in my “rough riding and loud ram 3500”. She claims I need a “nice truck that rides nice” to go to town. I told her if I drove a 1/2 ton I’d get beat up. You just solidified my argument.

We’ve actually clarified that trucks aren’t practical, only bought due to marketing, cowboy boots can only be worn on a horse, civics/Subarus with burpy exhausts can do it all and truck drivers are…Please try to keep up.

Thanks Al Gore, enlightening thread.

Glad we got this issue clarified on Huntalk. I am headed hunting in my civic with Birkenstocks and la croix.

GMC is gussying down the Denali to reach a demographic that wants an off the line on and off pavement truck. More clearance, skid plates, bigger AT tires….that the buyer doesn’t have to aftermarket modify.

My mechanic just called. The Heartbeat of America is going to need a new transmission very soon. “Borrowed time” was an exact quote. He’s working up a quote for me to give to our fleet manager. Hooray.

My mechanic just called. The Heartbeat of America is going to need a new transmission very soon. “Borrowed time” was an exact quote. He’s working up a quote for me to give to our fleet manager. Hooray.
What's the down and distance on it?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back