Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hyphenated Last Names

Hyphenated last names are pretty common in Canada. Most provinces have rules about it and they're essentially: "sucks to suck, pick no more than two names and figure it out".

Some nanny-state Bolshevism right there.

Signed,
Henri Pierpont-Magnusen St. John-Smythe the 43rd. Earl of Crunchberry, Duke of Mustard Potato Salad.

Thank you for the reminder, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Imma ragret this but.......I married a woman who's maiden name is the same as my last name. I'M 1,000,000% POSITIVE WE AREN'T RELATED! She'd been married before and so did I. She said it was $200 at the courthouse to change her name or $40 at the JP and I was the cheaper option 😂 Well, we were at one of her family reunions in 2012 and several of her family members asked if I took her name. I always thought she should have put a hyphen and simply squared it!

Wife hyphenated her married name. Payroll system truncated the last few digits of her name as too many letters resulted to fit in the old fixed-length, pre-defined database world. Our sons have my last name. No daughters.

My daughter-in-law stayed with just her maiden name as is a professional and had her career underway prior to getting engaged plus having the obviously foreign last name is sort of a secret handshake with ex-pats from her country. The offspring use my son's last name.

Autofill means these days I rarely type but a few letters of my wife's name or address, etc so am not bothered in the least bit by length of those things.

Imma ragret this but.......I married a woman who's maiden name is the same as my last name. I'M 1,000,000% POSITIVE WE AREN'T RELATED! She'd been married before and so did I. She said it was $200 at the courthouse to change her name or $40 at the JP and I was the cheaper option 😂 Well, we were at one of her family reunions in 2012 and several of her family members asked if I took her name. I always thought she should have put a hyphen and simply squared it!
My aunt's child married her sister's (my other aunt's) child. These are both sisters of my mother. The kids grew up 3 houses apart with different last names though at times as toddlers they used to take baths together. There were sleepovers. Vacations sharing beds as grade schoolers. Pictures exist. Lot of pictures exist.

Now, one of the two was adopted but still...if you grow up as first cousins then maybe the adoption loophole should not be played. The wedding did not seat guests on the bride's side or the groom's side, for instance. I mean, his mother-in-law used to be his aunt. Each aunt is now a great-aunt and grandmother to the one kid born of the marriage.

One of the most Anaconda things I've read all month.

My aunt's child married her sister's (my other aunt's) child. These are both sisters of my mother. The kids grew up 3 houses apart with different last names though at times as toddlers they used to take baths together. There were sleepovers. Vacations sharing beds as grade schoolers. Pictures exist. Lot of pictures exist.

Now, one of the two was adopted but still...if you grow up as first cousins then maybe the adoption loophole should not be played. The wedding did not seat guests on the bride's side or the groom's side, for instance. I mean, his mother-in-law used to be his aunt. Each aunt is now a great-aunt and grandmother to the one kid born of the marriage.

Just pick one way or the other, I don't care.

But when your last name is Del Monteverde and his last name is Van Schmerhorn for the love god don't make your name Del Monteverde-Van Schmerhorn. Worst fricken email address I had to ever type in...
No-pe

....this should've gone in the humor thread. First four words say it all.

Signed:
Archibald Barbasol-Flaxfieser, Esquire III

Reactions: BRI

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back