Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

HuntTalk Meat Hunt?

ElkChser, Yeah it sounds like a fun hunt. I'm a little confused about if hunters may drive off the pavement in the hunt area. I called the park and they said no hunter may drive off the paved roads anywhere in the park. This sounds a little unrealistic so its a bit confusing. Like I mentioned we did in our main 4x4. I have a Ford Ranger 4x4 I'm not really sure if it will make it the long haul. If what the park says is true a 2x4 will be just fine. Any reccomendations on where to start hunting. I wouldn't ask even ask if we were bull hunting but thats why cow hunting is such a low pressure thing. If seemed like a great idea and a good way to meet some enthusastic hunters. Hope some of you can make it. One more question, is this just a poor hunt if we don't get weather?
Tom, when I called they said something over 100 tags left (they may have made a mistake)
Dan, Yeah u know what they say about the two happiest days of a boat owners life!
Alex

No, they probably still had a 100 tags left at that time.

I know there isn't any place you can 4X4 into, but thats not necessary as most of the places the elk are at are with in easy walking distance... (Easy is a relitive word though, relitive to how well or much you want to hike)

Elkhunter is the one that could give a little more info than I.

There are guys roaming around with horses, so if you get one and have a little extra cash, they will hook onto it and drag it to your truck, as long as you didn't put it on some steep hill side I'm guessing.

I will be out for a week or two, so won't be able to answer much if any thing else on this topic for awhile.

Good luck if you take it on....

Russ... :)

One and that is is mtmiller. Anyone can get the tag, while supplie last, first come, first served. Only one elk per hunter can be taken from Grand Teton National Park.

Ok, Checks sent into the Wyo f&g and were off to hunt the wild west!
Here's what I know,
1. No 4x4ing allowed
2. 1 degree F is F cold
3. I'm coming from sea level and today i'm running my air conditioning in my shop and my car
4. My gun was sighted in last time I took it to the range (I think i still got some ammo)
5. Honda just finished first in the Baja 1000 (I'm not there)
6. I am weeks behind at work yet I'm going to shut the shop down for a week (go figure the logic in that one)
7. Did I mention its cold in Wyoming
8. .........well theres lots more but I don't have time to even think about it.
I'll be leaving for Wyoming on thanksgiving to hook up with Doug at the Flat Creek Inn on friday nite.
Can't wait to see a new part of the country, for years I have heard about this place and have always wanted to go in the winter to see the wildlife.
Doug says he's bringing his daughter, I really envy him as I always wished mine would have an interest in hunting with me.
Anyways I have too much work ahead to even think about packing, fortunatly this is a meat hunt which makes it so easy and LOW PRESSURE.
In conclusion, after years of following the old board (hunt info) mm and finally here it will be nice to take part!
My buddy Glen will be attending, he's a gas with a positive attitude regardless of the situation. I sure hope we can find a blind elk to run into one of his bullets so he can score his first elk. (I hope I don't have to tie a dead one to the end of his gun and tell him he shot it (like in fishing).
I hope some others can at least hook up with us so we can put some faces to the text.
Alex
www.31Bertram.com
Oh yeah if I shoot an elk on my birthday, when I squeeze the trigger i'm gunna shout SURPRIZE!

How did the hunt go?

ElkHunter, Can I find more information about this hunt on the Wyoming F&G web site? What exactly would I look for? I would love to bring my wife and family for a winter trip to Yellowstone and get a little hunting in on the side.

Thanks!

Back