PEAX Equipment

Hunting with the boy's 2021

I always look forward to this thread every year. It's definitely an amazing area and glad to see it's always a family trip. Congrats on a great bull!

The trucks. The camp. The moose. These are literally the dreams I had as a kid. Congratulations. Looks like an absolute blast.

Hey congratulations man !
Sooooo nice with the family. I'm envious of all the photos. I get in a hurry n don't take enough time. Nice buggies. Where you up eureka pit through the old lady trail? Need the big rigs in the mountains. I built my buggy for being more light weight.
And yeppers brake downs provide the utmost oh boy moments. You know getting that n getting stuck are part of the game. But so is walking out for help n parts. And trying to figure out what you can strap on where because you will or someone else will need it. Probably someone else though.
Hey nice write up. And you sure called thing perfectly. Now you can write up how to process a moose. Also a great family affair

That’s a cool set up and impressive that it can lift a whole moose! Congratulations looks like it was a blast. Has to be amazing to live up there.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

I'm in awe of your inventiveness. Wow.

Congratulations to you and your family!

WOW, Such a cool trip.

I know 2 boys that get the E.F Hutton treatment among peers... When they talk everybody listens.

Great pics, posts, and stories to go with them.

Thanks for sharing,

View attachment 197872View attachment 197873View attachment 197874

This year an all boy's camp trip. Home meals cooked and vac sealed. Mac & cheese, Moose Taco meat, spaghetti. Brought moose kielbasa & moose polish sausage, had potatoes, onions, carrots and corn. All kinds of goodness! We took off to check out some old track noted on the maps. We had a goal, a destination to achieve. Two full weeks to enjoy camping in the Alaska wilderness. Traveling to the trail head after sun down, we spotted porcupine and red fox on the road. The aurora danced boldly through the clouds. A crisp cool night! At first light, coffee and breakfast. Off we go. In the beginning everything is easy, it's where everyone goes, then further on, a few spots get sticky. Picking our way along, we followed a path set by others years before. Slow progression, forward progress. We spotted two bulls while slowly motoring. One a 40" class moose, the other, one of the largest forks I've ever seen! Forks are legal but, It's day ONE! These animals were scoped and admired. We pressed on. Hours navigating the swamps, I lost trail for a bit, and in front of me, I see white flags flashing. It's mid day, kinda hot and buggy. We are in the swamps, wet lands, No where to camp for miles. We stop to check it out. We have packed for a two week moose hunt. Got beans, bullets, and some beer. Kid snacks of every kind. Here in front of me, is a very legal bull! It's day ONE! Standing belly deep in a lake, feeding on underwater delicacies. We watched as he submerged a number of times. Guessed him 60" plus bull. This was a very, very, very difficult moment for the reasons mentioned. I captured him on camera and after awhile of observing this toad of a moose we motored on, toward our desired and chosen destination. A place we have never been.
Wow!

View attachment 197872View attachment 197873View attachment 197874

This year an all boy's camp trip. Home meals cooked and vac sealed. Mac & cheese, Moose Taco meat, spaghetti. Brought moose kielbasa & moose polish sausage, had potatoes, onions, carrots and corn. All kinds of goodness! We took off to check out some old track noted on the maps. We had a goal, a destination to achieve. Two full weeks to enjoy camping in the Alaska wilderness. Traveling to the trail head after sun down, we spotted porcupine and red fox on the road. The aurora danced boldly through the clouds. A crisp cool night! At first light, coffee and breakfast. Off we go. In the beginning everything is easy, it's where everyone goes, then further on, a few spots get sticky. Picking our way along, we followed a path set by others years before. Slow progression, forward progress. We spotted two bulls while slowly motoring. One a 40" class moose, the other, one of the largest forks I've ever seen! Forks are legal but, It's day ONE! These animals were scoped and admired. We pressed on. Hours navigating the swamps, I lost trail for a bit, and in front of me, I see white flags flashing. It's mid day, kinda hot and buggy. We are in the swamps, wet lands, No where to camp for miles. We stop to check it out. We have packed for a two week moose hunt. Got beans, bullets, and some beer. Kid snacks of every kind. Here in front of me, is a very legal bull! It's day ONE! Standing belly deep in a lake, feeding on underwater delicacies. We watched as he submerged a number of times. Guessed him 60" plus bull. This was a very, very, very difficult moment for the reasons mentioned. I captured him on camera and after awhile of observing this toad of a moose we motored on, toward our desired and chosen destination. A place we have never been.
How fun!!

Back