Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hunting Video! Want to see?

Schmalts,

I didn't get T-Bone's addy so its headed your way today. I'm heading to the post office soon.

Whunter is next and has given his addy weeks ago, i guess that is who i will send it to

Thanks schmalts, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Just about gave up on ever getting it, since I was only 10th on the list and that was 2 1/2 months ago. :eek: (I thought it would get around just a little quicker than that) Maybe whoever's in charge of this can let me know who's next after me.

ok...I checked and I have received mailing addresses for both justdada and bwana. From Idaho Bugler's list (on page 2) it looks to me like justdada is after me. Bwana, you posted right after IB posted the list, so I think you're after hunt2921. Here is IB's list:

Here is the order that was posted so far.
Mtmiller - Done
BKillin - Done
Oak - Up next
Wyodeerhunting
Ovis
TheTone
MarvB
TBone
Schmalts
Washington Hunter

Guys in line after the 100+ posts guys
Justdada
jkhunterid
hunt2921

ok...I think I may need Idaho Bugler to make the call on who gets it after me. Looking at it again, Bwana posted after IB put up the list, but Bwana had over 100 posts, justdada didn't. I don't care who gets it next but don't want to go against proper protocol. :D

Sent it out to T-bone today as instructed by WH because t-bone got skipped.
My review.... I liked it a lot. A few things i will comment on that i thought could be improved. First the sound quality of the beginning song was wierd. Sounded like it came out of a transister radio or something.
I think the slide show in the beginning was a bad choice as it gave away a lot of the story before hand. I would rather have seen it in the end as a re-cap.
I thought it was way cool that you had enough time and effort to take the camera out that much. One question, When your team took the double bow shot on the deer was it just the angle or was one guys bow a lobber and the other one a lazer? I seen one arrow arch in and over and the other one was like a death beam barely visable. The moose hunt was my favorite, i think just seeing your Pop so stoked made it real cool.
Great job all together. I hope i have a chance to make another one and use the opinions given on yours and my home brew DVD's for improvement

Since I'm not that far from T-bone.....

Just kidding, just let me know where I am on the list so I can send my address to the proper gent since WH didn't want it. :)

schmalts said:
My review.... I liked it a lot. A few things i will comment on that i thought could be improved. First the sound quality of the beginning song was wierd. Sounded like it came out of a transister radio or something.
I think the slide show in the beginning was a bad choice as it gave away a lot of the story before hand. I would rather have seen it in the end as a re-cap.
I thought it was way cool that you had enough time and effort to take the camera out that much. One question, When your team took the double bow shot on the deer was it just the angle or was one guys bow a lobber and the other one a lazer? I seen one arrow arch in and over and the other one was like a death beam barely visable. The moose hunt was my favorite, i think just seeing your Pop so stoked made it real cool.
Great job all together. I hope i have a chance to make another one and use the opinions given on yours and my home brew DVD's for improvement

Thanks schmalts. Ya I agree a lot to be improved and those are good points. Thanks for the suggestions. I never intended on anyone but family seeing it so they all knew what I had shot already. The song in the beginning was recorded from a dvd so I just recorded through a microphone as you can tell. That was the hardest thing about this dvd was the sound. It was tough and hopefully I can get better at it. I just have to get better software.

The bow shot you were talking about was kind of misleading because I was over the shoulder on the guy that looked like the arrow lobbed in. My dad was to my right about 40-50 yards and so the angle was different. You could'nt see his arrow until it was right in the frame so it looked faster.

The moose hunt was dubbed a lot. He was even more stoked then what the dvd shows. On his first fatal hit he just started yelling, "Now that was a fu*&ing hit, That was a fu&*ing hit." I had to take it out since family might be watching. Also there was other dubbing involved in most of the video. The one where Steve shot at the spike and missed I started telling get a fu&*ing arrow, hurry hurry. I didn't think people would enjoy that very much. Maybe next year I'll make an unsensored copy.

I must have misunderstood WH, I thought you had already seen it. My bad, by all means send it to WH first.

Not trying to cause problems just giving you a hard time is all. No offense?

I'm not in a hurry. I thought it would be better and makes more sense if it goes from SD to ND, then to WA...rather than SD to WA and back to ND. I think justdada would be next, and he's in NJ. I like to be efficient. :D So T Bone, if it's ok with you, why don't you send it to your neighbor Bwana in ND...

ok.

the current and near future order is schmalts, t bone, bwana, washington hunter.

bwana, please send me an im with you address.

Received the dvd and watched it tonight. It's great! Jacks me up to get out and get a decent bull elk again.

Overall Bryce, its very nicely done. Very smart thinking capturing the priceless moments. I've gotta start carrying around the camera more.

Bwana, I received your address and it will be going in the mail Monday.

Washington Hunter, send me your address and I will drop it in the mail ASAP.

It showed up in yesterday's mail and I made a point of watching it while repairing the ceiling in the family room (don't ask).

IdahoBugler, thanks so much for sharing this DVD of your hunts with us. It was cool to "tag along" on some hunts that I have never gotten to do yet and hope to have a chance to see this year's edition when you are done with it. Some cool footage and some great critters in their!

Yeah, my wife tells me that sometimes too. ;)

Figured after jumping the line, the least I could do was to get it to you as quickly as possible.

It should be in the mail within the hour.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back