Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunting Vehicles

Doug

What kind of hunting vehicle do you drive? Have you made any special modifications to it? What in your opinion would be the utimate hunting vehicle?
Doug

DODGE, Diesel, 3/4 ton. Like there is any other kind of hunting vehichle.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

ultimate would be a sand rail for AZ, easy to get in and out of.
A quad is great

but I dont hunt out of a truck
wink.gif

suburbans are nice though

Delw
Delw

I mostly hunt alone or with one other fella, so small suits me perfectly. I use a Toyota Tacoma X-tra cab 4X4, with rhino coat bed(blood washes right out). This rig gets me where the bigger trucks can't make it, and the bonus is, due to the narrow profile,my paint isn't Arizon pin striped, those big fords and dodges keep the mesquite trimmed just right so I can pass thru without a hint of scratch.

My old Toyota had more scratches than a cat's scratching post. Like BalaPlata said, it could go places bigger trucks couldn't. I bought it new in 1986 and it finally died in 2001. It had more miles on it than the space shuttle and most of that was in the dirt.

To all you Dodge fans, I have a 3500 Cummins turbo diesel dually. Great truck if I can keep it out of the dealer's garage. I knew I should have gotten another Toyota Lol.
wink.gif

Well I'll be danged! Here's something me and Vic agree on.
smile.gif
I use a little Toyota X-tra cab also. I use it only for hunting now. Goes most places an ATV will go but all the gear doesn't get filthy. Plus you have AC, heat and shade. And like mentioned, squeezes in those grown over spots much better than my full size.

I'd like to get a smaller 4x4 for calling trips one of these days. Just can't afford to maintain two rigs though, and need the full size for other stuff I do. That V-10 gets awful expensive to feed when I start making those long runs by myself though
frown.gif

- DAA

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back