Hunting Show Preferences

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Hoping for some input from you guys.

I have a very successful client who produces many different hunting products. They advertise a lot on the cable network hunting shows. They have asked me a lot of questions about what would influence my buying decision in relation to the shows they may be advertising on.

Knowing a lot of hard-core hunters visit this site, I thought I would ask you guys, rather than just offer my own personal opinions.

1. Would you be more inclined to watch a TV show that is;

a) "host-based" with a famous personality, or

b) "theme based", such as non-guided hunting, archery hunting, muzzleloader hunting, and has no recognizable host?

2. Would you prefer to watch a TV show that is;

a) controlled environment guided hunts with a higher likelihood of above average animal size, or

b) free-range accessible/public land hunts, even though the average animal size may be slightly smaller?

3. How much does the type of show an advertiser is associated with influence your decision to purchase the advertised products?

a) No influence,

b) Some influence,

c) Significant influence?

4. Are your purchases most affected by;

a) a recognizable personality endorsing the product,

b) your favorite retailer carrying the product,

c) or word of mouth recommendations?

5. What is most important to you in a show;

a) the content (techniques, animal hunted, weapon type, location) of the show,

b) Hollywood style editing and scripting,

c) the size of the animal harvested?

6. Would you watch a show that consists of do-it-yourself hunting episodes provided by fellow hunters, if it was edited to a very high grade production level?

a) Yes, definitely,

b) Maybe,

c) Probably not,

d) Definitely not?

Thanks in advance for any responses you can provide. It will help my client with this decision of which shows to advertise with.

Happy Hunting!

1. B
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. A
6. A

I think the best show I WANT to watch each week is Easton's Bowhunting TV hosted by Fred Eichler. It doesn't matter what he is going after week after week, he still gets excited. It might not be the biggest or best animal harvested but he has fun and his enthusiasm carries the show. He seems to be down to earth and genuine. I could care less if the show is sponsored by Easton, Hoyt, whatever. I watch it because it is a good program.

Eastman's puts out another good program but dammmm it takes forever to get to the good stuff. I like Ted Nugent simply because he is one of the craziest sum beotches out there. Most shows are riddled with advertisements that it leaves little room for the actual hunting. Being from the west, I am partial to big game shows like mule deer, elk, moose, etc. but do like Jim Shockey's show when they kill some huge Sask. whiteys.

bbacaa.

Everybody is the same so far. I never looked before I picked them.

b
b
b
c
a
a

There are certain products that I won't puchase because of how ignorant the shows are that they advertise on, or in some cases half the show is advertising.

There are only a couple 'famous' hosts that I care to watch, the rest are just a bunch of wanabe type hunters.

About the only shows I watch anymore are the African hunting shows... Everything else is just the same thing week after week...

It would be nice to watch a show that doesn't involve a guide, huge chunks of unhunted private land, corn flingers, and or DIY type guys that arn't outfitted with $20k worth of equipment and have 5 'buddies' that have scouted for them... A show thats just your average hunter going at it would be nice. One thing that I have NEVER seen that would be cool would be to have a no name host (pick me, pick me) Go on DIY hunts with nothing but a hunting partner and a backpack in to the high country to chase elk/deer etc!

Tred Barta's show could be good if he wasn't painful to listen to.

IMO all turkey/bird hunting and bass fishing shows should be moved to Bravo or Lifetime where they belong... :) Watching Ping Pong is more entertaining.

Far and away the best hunting video that I have is Jack Brittingham's "Quest For Zimbabwean Big Game"... The editing, music, etc is very well done!

1. B
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. A/C (show in the intro that a hawg will be shot and I'm hooked)
6. A

B
B
A
C
A
A

I'm getting tired of fat rednecks shooting deer from plywood boxes over fields of BioLogic and/or 18 minutes of commercials in a 30 minute show.

I'm never ever buying a Polaris Ranger or its electric cousin

Thanks guys. I will provide your comments to the client and the marketing pool to which they belong.

Happy Hunting!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooterwallace78
Back