Hunting Pants

I would recommend the Cabela Microtex pants but you don't like camo.

I had sizing problems with Kuiu attack pants - the new imported version. I'm a 34/34 in pants but with Kuiu they were tight in the waist and short. Stupid me cut the tags and wore them once - no return to Kuiu. Another guy I know had the same issue with sizing.

wool dress pants from Goodwill or Salvation Army. Don't laugh until you have tried them.

Wondering if you guys could help me out here. I am looking for a pair of quality mountain hunting pants I could use here for the rifle seasons in Colorado for 90% of the time. I have a pair of light weight polyester pants that are great for archery, but to light for Oct in CO. I also have a pair of heavy wool pants that work good for really cold temps, but are way to hot to be hiking around in. I know Sikta, underarmor, and Kuiu all make quality products, but here is the catch, I hate camo. I actually can't stand wearing camo clothing and go to great lengths to avoid buying it. So I am having a heck of a time finding a pair of mid weight, non-cotton, quiet pants in an earth tone color. Do you guys have anything you could recommend I take a look at? Also, I have tried on the First Lite Kanab pants and had to pass because the fit did not work for my build. (5' 8" 175). Thanks for the help.

Sitka does make some pants in Solid colors.

Are any of you guys over 6' tall? I have the hardest time finding hunting pants with longer than a 32-34" inseam. 34" is doable ( a little breezy up the leg when I need to sit) but a 36" is the best for me. I found one pair of camo pants at a Columbia outlet last year that are the best fitting pants I've ever found. But they only had one pair and the ones I find now are stupid expensive. I think I gave $30-40 for the ones I bought.

I'm 6'3" and about 250# and hunting clothing is not designed for manly men like me.

I have similar problems. I have found the Russell gear to fit me the best.

Sitka does make some pants in Solid colors.

Indeed they do... Below pic is from a recent back packing (bear 'hunt') trip with my son in central AZ.

031.JPG

While there are probably less expensive pants out there that perform well, I like my optifade ascent pants, so I knew exactly what I was getting with these clay colored ascent pants. I was looking for a pair that handled heat and cooler temps well. I know I've worn my camo Ascents in temps from the 30's up to the upper 80's and have been comfortable. These and my KUIU Attacks are my most comfortable pants I own. The Ascents handle the heat better though.

Funny side story, I made two stops to and from that backpacking trip, to get gas and grab a bite to eat on the way home. Both places people asked me about my pants and said they looked super comfortable...

Most think I'm crazy but it works for me. Pair of Dickies with the double knees to keep the Alaska brush from ripping them up and stickers from coming through. If its chilly out ill have a light set up under armor legs ill put on under them, if its raining i have light rain gear to go over the top. They hold up on ten day sheep hunts, dry fast, cheap and are comfortable to hike in for me.

Most think I'm crazy but it works for me. Pair of Dickies with the double knees to keep the Alaska brush from ripping them up and stickers from coming through. If its chilly out ill have a light set up under armor legs ill put on under them, if its raining i have light rain gear to go over the top. They hold up on ten day sheep hunts, dry fast, cheap and are comfortable to hike in for me.
Like these?
dickies_33999GY_lg.jpg

:D

Back