Hunting On Sunday

Elkcheese,

Read what you wrote: "you only need one if you are going to be playing on state lands and that really isn't enforced...

It is enforced and you need to purchase a state lands use permit to recreate on State lands in Montana, period.

Yea...So.... and your point really is???

I didn't see where I stated it was strictly adheard to, or what your beaf with me on this issue. I only made a comment about the reality of it, you want to read way more into it then what's there and try to blow it into some issue it is not, people die from this stuff with bad hearts and blown arteries... ;)

Elkcheese,

You're right, why would anyone have any issue with the disinformation you constantly peddle?

***ATTENTION ALL***

According to Elkcheese you no longer need hunting licenses, fishing license, drivers license or a Montana State lands use permits.

Since myself and many others havent been checked for any licenses or permits lately...the reality must be that the laws are no longer being enforced...From what I've seen.
shhh.gif

WEll. To get back on the original subject..Sunday hunting.

N. Carolina does not allow Sunday hunting, one of only seven (I think) in the country,

Pennsylvania doesn't allow Sunday hunting either. I personally have never been checked by a warden in Pennsylvania. I've bumped into a few while hunting and exchanged pleasantries, but never had to show my license. On the other hand, I have had my license checked in Arizona and Wyoming and I've only hunted a few days in each of those states.

No sunday hunting? Sounds stupid and a bunch of bullshit, to me "most" hunters only have weekends off, what is the logic behind no sunday hunting?

From the "Humane Society" :rolleyes: website:

States with Sunday Hunting Prohibitions:
Alabama
Connecticut
Delaware
Georgia
Maine
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Virginia
West Virginia (statewide, but county controlled prohibition).

Their statement is that "residents in these states overwhelming voted that animals have the right to at least one day off a week from being persecuted"

...I wonder if they get to sleep in that morning and have a cup of java and read the paper before venturing out from the woods???

Originally posted by MarvB:
Their statement is that "residents in these states overwhelming voted that animals have the right to at least one day off a week from being persecuted"
This is the sort of thing that happens when you let people vote on hunting regulations. :mad: Hunting policy should only be left to the Wildlife biologists with some input from hunters.

here in maryland..........last year they finally gave us two sundays to hunt(in certain regions only).....one sunday in our two week rifle/gun season and one sunday in bow season.....the dnr has been trying to get sunday hunting passed for the last 5 or 6 yrs but it wouldnt make it past the democrats.....good thing we voted in a republican gov.....i believe they will eventually open it up for all sunday hunting

we also got a couple of weeks to hunt with cross bows last year(cross bows were also not allowed unless you were handi-cap.)

Curly...got another one for ya.
Here in our friggin state they pay decent money
to HAVE wildlife biologists but then they DEFER the actually implementation of the suggestions the bios make to local elective groups...

For example, we have a few deer herds in No. Kalifornica that are grossly upside down in buck/doe ratios plus are having habitat exceedence problems. DFG nearly EVERY YEAR suggests a limited anterless hunt to get the numbers back into balance. Then the County Board of Supervisors steps in and rejects the hunts (that they have PAID the PROFESSIONALS that determined the hunts are needed) saying that "people" don't want to see a bunch of does seing shot by hunters :confused: :confused:
Go figure....

Then of course the issue surrounding the Mt. Lion problem in this state...barely passed into law (protection that is) by a simple majority of the voters- now the State agencies realize that the cats are a problem but it takes a two-thirds majority vote to overturn the law...which will never happen :mad:

I relinquish my
soapbox.gif

Yes its true, no basis in law in or common sense.

What really sucks is CT has very liberal bag limits and seasons and also has an over population of deer.

Most folks only have one day a week to hunt, so too many tags go unfilled.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back