PEAX Equipment

Hunting Muzzleloader style

Blue Elk

I been thinking of getting into Muzzleloader hunting. This is different for me. I have been mostly a bow hunter. I have always wanted to learn how to do muzzleloading. How would someone with NO experience get started with muzzleloading. Is there any good books or web site on muzzleloading. Thanks for any info.

~Scott~

Buy a Knight, watch the video that comes with it (or at least used to), read the instructions, sight in and go hunting!

100_1326.sized.jpg

There are many books out there on the subject , try a google . In lines are easy , side locks have the little things to learn , especially flint lock . The main thing starting out is that "you" are making the charge , and optimum is alot better than max . You also have an excellent way to perfect things , just get on here and ask .

Like a lot of things that you know nothing about, don't be afraid as it may not be as difficult to master as you think. Dive in, get some info by starting with the instruction manual that it comes with, and have fun.

Blue Elk, you have 2 different school for hunting with a Muzzle loader. One is the Lunch box hunter and the other is Hunting in period.
I did the Period hunting and rendezvous for many year French Indian war period. It's takes some work to get acquainted, get material together, but once in there is a lot to learn and do. I started building Muzzle loaders just so I would have my own and from there clothing, accouterments, camping supplies. It was a fun way to spend weekends with my boys.

Check this site out. It will give you some good info.

http://www.crazycrow.com/events_rendezvous/may2009.php

watch your state regs on muzzleloaders and buy accordingly,be sure what is allowed as oregon for instance requires a open ignition,Ilike my lyman great plains muzzleloader.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back