Hunting Meme Thread

Mildly interesting story about carcasses in trash. We were re-roofing our house and had a roll-off dumpster in the driveway. We had the unusual (for us) chance to bring an intact (except for the innards) elk home and when we were done butchering, I thought, "How convenient, we have a huge dumpster to dispose of the carcass." After we threw it on top of all the shingles I had second thoughts and called the dumpster company to ask if it was ok. The lady on the phone said, "I'm glad you called, we have one driver that really doesn't like to see that sort of thing so I'll make sure she isn't the one to pick that dumpster up." I happened to be home when they came to get the dumpster and the first thing the driver did was jump out of his rig and peak into the dumpster - he didn't seem perturbed at all and loaded it up.

Mildly interesting story about carcasses in trash. We were re-roofing our house and had a roll-off dumpster in the driveway. We had the unusual (for us) chance to bring an intact (except for the innards) elk home and when we were done butchering, I thought, "How convenient, we have a huge dumpster to dispose of the carcass." After we threw it on top of all the shingles I had second thoughts and called the dumpster company to ask if it was ok. The lady on the phone said, "I'm glad you called, we have one driver that really doesn't like to see that sort of thing so I'll make sure she isn't the one to pick that dumpster up." I happened to be home when they came to get the dumpster and the first thing the driver did was jump out of his rig and peak into the dumpster - he didn't seem perturbed at all and loaded it up.
I put a T-shirt on one of my deer carcasses before I dumped it in the gully. I probably shouldn’t have done that. Seemed funny at the time....

Back