Hunting Bucks In The Rainforest

If Jim ever decides to retire I'd pay good money for him to walk me through the forests of Alaska and school me on all the flora and fauna.

No kidding! Jim seems like the type of guy who awes others by his vast knowledge and experience in a place, some of us, will never experience. Plus, he seems like a down-to-earth great guy! By far, one of Randy’s best guest hunters!

Great video, 2 Jim's that are just a treasure trove of knowledge. Had to giggle though, last time I met Hefflefinger, his beard was a darker shade of brown.

Rwc101 that could be arranged.....hoping to hang up my spurs in February 2022...
Hey there Jim!

We all feel like we know you because you are famous and all. ;)

I'm planning a 2021 POW or Petersburg hunt and I'm taking this all in.

I need to go back and freeze frame that roast recipe. It is true that Sitka BT fat is not pasty in your mouth?

Hey there Jim!

I need to go back and freeze frame that roast recipe. It is true that Sitka BT fat is not pasty in your mouth?
HA! I'm trying it tonight on some mule deer

Hey there Jim!

I can send you the roast recipe...July ad August Alpine deer have sweeet fat. There feeding almost exclusively on forbs in the alpine...some new salmon berry growth...Once the freezing weather pushes then down their fat gets more tallowy...

Attachments

• 1 roast.pdf
    93.7 KB · Views: 25
Let us know how it came out. I keep the August fat on the roast which is sweet fat not tallowy...It helps keep the roast moist..
Freaking amazing, that's how it turned out

I deviated a little. Fresh ground dried rosemary. I put some water in the bottom of the roasting pan to start to help keep it moist. Covered with fig jelly, reduced heat to 200, until internal hit 135, then pulled and left out sit with a towel over it for 1 hour.

I can send you the roast recipe...July ad August Alpine deer have sweeet fat. There feeding almost exclusively on forbs in the alpine...some new salmon berry growth...Once the freezing weather pushes then down their fat gets more tallowy...
@Big Fin, Although Jim may not be in on the joke, and knowing I am throwing you under the bus with Mrs. Baichtal. Would this be adding Pucky to a roast?

Nope, not pucky. Jim and I have shared enough hunts that he is fully aware of my pucky issues.
Randy is right....no Pucky...this is no pucky seasoning...
Karen guarantees there is no pucky..However the smoked salmon dip may contain some of what would be described as pucky but as it is mixed wonderful. I think Randy would approve...lots of smoked salmon in it...

Freaking amazing, that's how it turned out

I deviated a little. Fresh ground dried rosemary. I put some water in the bottom of the roasting pan to start to help keep it moist. Covered with fig jelly, reduced heat to 200, until internal hit 135, then pulled and left out sit with a towel over it for 1 hour.
Excellent...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back