PEAX Equipment

Hunting arrows

A-con

OK all you master bowhunters, what kind of arrows do you shoot ? Why ?

I have shot Gold Tip, XTs and Pros for years. I wanted to try something new, so I spent the big bucks and got a Dz custom made ACCs and guess what, they don't shoot any better than my Gold Tips.

A-Con, not sure about this, but think once you have the bow tuned properly, all arrows should fly pretty much the same. as long as you haven't made any drastic changes as far as length, weight, etc. if you are still shooting the same grain weight, broadhead weight, and draw weight, nothing should really change. shoot both bemans and easton axis' in the 400 grain, and they both fly the same and hit the same spot. and thats with blazers on the bemans and 4" vanes on the eastons. of course, the side of the barn is pretty big.

I guess I was expecting something better considering the cost and reputation of ACCs.
Anybody shoot the Maximas ? The next expensive arrow I'm tempted to try. I should leave well enough alone, the GTs shoot fine.

I should leave well enough alone, the GTs shoot fine.
Yeppers! ;) Put that money towards a hunt.

I look at super expensive arrows like I do most match bullets. Though they may help, my equipment nor me are good enough to cash in on the advantage they offer.

I prefer Radial X-Weave-pro series these days. Very tough and consistent arrow, IMO. My son shoots GT's....they're also a very reliable shaft.........it's nice to have a such a wide variety of manufacturers producing quality arrows these days.

I won't be shooting the Easton Axis arrows this year. I've seen several arrows where they've seemed to "noodle" through the animal. Plus almost every one I've watched hit an animal broke off about 2" in front of the fletching. In all fairness, I am probably unfairly judging them with via my anecdotal evidence, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't have much faith in them when I put the pin on the animal. Overall, my experience w/ Easton products over the years has been phenomenal. My plan was to go to Easton FMJ's or GT's this year.

I've shot the goldtip xt's since I switched to carbons. I love the way they shoot so I've never considered anything else. They're the best priced arrow with a .003 straightness that I've found also.

I've been shooting Gold Tips as well. I have had no problems but don't have much to compare to since these are the only carbons I've shot. Anybody else have a reccomendation as I have also been thinking about switching but don't want to spend much more than what I paid for the Gold Tips. They seem to kill fine but I always wonder what I'm missing by not paying twice as much??

Always shot aluminum arrows until last year.
Shooting alongside my buddy, he had much flatter trajectory with his carbon gold tips, so he talked me into switching. This made me much more accurate at the outside edge of my range, but honestly I think my groups were slightly tighter at 10-25 yards with the heavier aluminum arrows.

Gonna stick with the gold tips, but only because I have a good supply of them left. Otherwise, not much preference between carbon and aluminum. I think it's like golf ..... "The clubs don't necessarily make the man".

Generally, I think most bow hunters worry too much about their gadgets and equipment when they ought to spend more time shooting what they have and just getting out there and hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back