Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Huntin Arizona

BACKCOUNTRY

Is anyone here putting in for the late whitetail hunts in Arizona?
If so what area and why?
Myself, unit 32, 1st choice, unit 33, 2nd choice.
Only 100 tags per choice. Last year I got permit number 99 out of 100!!!
Hope my luck keeps coming.
LC

i put in for az antelope last year and when it came time for the drawing results i was amazed at the recording i heard, it said you were NOT SUCCESSFUL. it sounded as though they were rubbing it in my face that az is so difficult to get drawn in.i will not apply there again until i have hunted in all the other states or they hold a depradation hunt with a guaranteed tag. there are several people here i would like to hunt with but i think it will be in another state. hell it took delw 20 years to get 1 elk tag.

Arizona has deer???

BOHNTR )))----------->

BOHNTR.. NO! Arizona has no deer.. no Antelope, not Elk. No sheep, black bear, mountain lion, prairrie dogs, or coyotes. We don't allow anyone from another state to hunt any of the critters we don't have. Feel free to apply for Moose, Grizzly, Gazelle, leopard, wart hog, mongoose, griffin, and Arizona Mountain Tiger. There are always tags available for out-of-staters. :D

Larry, I've hunted the Whetstones a couple of times. There are some very nice Coues down there. Haven't been lucky enough to score yet. We've also spent lots of time around Telephone Hill below Reddington Pass and in the Rincons. That's a tough hunt for an old man like me. Good luck to everyone in the draw this year.

:cool:

I'll be putting in for 24b. Mostly because after 7 days of busting my arse up there last year, I got fairly familiar with the area.
Sorry danr, but those coues are too addicting to hunt to stay away. :D

I do along with the same units that you do.
we mostly hunt the wetstones mountains north of kartchner cavern. or the catalinas .

killed lots of good bucks in those areas including a 105 and 5 more in the 90-105 inch class.

you gota love that rut hunt

Muskrat, are you going to look me up if you get the 24b tag? Offer is still open, Good Luck, JLG.

Darn straight, JLG! If I don't draw a rifle tag, I'll hunt OTC archery anyway. Mule deer was first choice, whitetail 2nd.

Put in for Unit 22 elk, too - if anyone wants to start throwing some tidbits my way!!

Here are three pretty nice deer..

Coues1.jpg

Coues2.jpg

Coues3.jpg

Coues (pronounced "COWS") deer are among the smallest of the whitetail species. A large male will weigh in between 100 and 120 pounds. They are found in the desert southwest Arizona, southwestern New Mexico, and the Sonora desert of Old Mexico. They are sly and elusive and apt to sit perfectly still and let a hunter walk right by them. They are frequently referred to as the Grey Ghost of the Desert.

Danr55:

You're absolutley right, there's no deer in Arizona.
I arrowed these somewhere else......south of Utah and north of ol' Mexico. But not Arizona.
shhh.gif
Everyone knows all they have is those dink dog desert rat deer there anyhow. ;)

BOHNTR )))---------->

160059.JPG

101621.JPG

116197.JPG

160057.JPG

101660.JPG

See ya'll I told you there were no deer in Arizona.. Some crazy Kalifornicator done kilt them all... Those are some nice bucks Bohntr.. I would be proud of any of them. Looks like Sims got a little Coues also.. Nice deer..

So all ya'll from where ever, you best stay home or put in for New Mexico this years. I believe that's where Bohntr was talkin' about shootin' all those deer... south of Utah, north of Old Mexico.. Gotta be New Mexico...

(Now Bohntr, you and your archery pals can come, because you just buy over the counter tags,, Don't let on to any of those gun hunter types.. it's tough enough to draw a decent tag as it is.)

Tags? What tags? You mean when you put in for tags, you actually get them? I thought I was just donating to the Game and Fish! LOL!

I'm putting in for 32 whitetail as well but for the middle hunt as my second choice. 1st choice is Kiabab that has only 49 tags, 1 is allready mine.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back