Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hunter orange while wearing pack

I have an old vest I got when I took hunters ed and I cut it up and sewed some loops into it. I attach it to my pack. Works fine and stays out of the way.

I strap on an old crappy mesh vest via the compression straps.

I had my wife stitch a 12x16 inch piece of orange cloth to my pack frame .I put it in the top pouch until I want it ,then pull it out and let it hang down my back.

i have a couple blaze orange large neck kerchief (18"x18") i think. i always have one laced thru my pack and then when i have pack off or am in camp i have a rag. when i am carrying racks i tie that around a tall antler just to provide a little safety.

I have the Mystery Ranch Crew Cab w/ NICE frame and then I bought a "hunters orange" NICE daypack lid to attach. This works well, because it just attaches to the pack and I can put stuff in the lid.

I've seen others just put another orange vest around their packs or pin on some orange material.

I just put my orange vest on, and then I put my pack on over that and hunt.

That is how any one I've ever hunted with has done it. I honestly don't think a warden would ever check to see how many inches were visible as long as you were wearing an orange vest or coat, regardless of a pack over it. The two wardens I have run into in the woods didn't say anything about it.

Until you bump into one with a camera crew in tow....

I have some fleece pack covers my wife made. 1 in orange for rifle and 1 in camo. I mainly did this for sound - branches rubbing against the pack can be loud.

My brother and I always hang one of the cheap $2 walmart vests of the back of our packs, especially if we are packing out any horns. we have never been told otherwise, but we play it safe with all the weekend idiots running around who will shoot at anything that moves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back