HUNT WARZ - bad idea or terrible idea?

I used Leupold's Contact Us page to send them my thoughts:
"I just wanted to give you some feedback. I was really disappointed when I saw that you are the title sponsor for Hunt Warz. I have bought many of your products because of your association with great conservation groups like RMEF and your support of conservation stalwarts like Randy Newberg. This new show goes against everything I think of hunting. Hunting is not a competition. It's not a game to win or lose. It's a tradition. It's recreation. It's conservation. Please consider dropping your name from this show."

Haven't seen it but just by the description I imagine future episodes to look like this, all likely on public land, (sub the dinos for big game animals):
JP.PNG

So out of curiosity I just went to their website. "Level playing field"? For who? Definitely not hunters, as in someone who wants to go out and enjoy nature, and bring home some meat to put on the table, not worried about antler size. State vs State? What is this college football? I feel this is only aiding in bringing in too many people into the world of hunting for the wrong reasons. I literally got a gut wrenching feeling just on their home page. I have a 9 year old who keeps asking when he will get to go Elk hunting with me. I'm new to Western Big Game Hunting but even I don't want him to grow up thinking this is what hunting is all about. I really am shocked even though I know I shouldn't necessarily be. I think it's because I'm so new to this type of hunting. Damn.

An ad for this show popped up on my Facebook feed. I left a comment stating my opinion of the competition concept and I was disappointed in Leupold for attaching their name as a sponsor.

Talking about kicking a hornet’s nest. According to Hunt Warz themselves, there is no possible way to sacrifice ethics to get ahead. I told them wildlife should be more valuable than cheap fodder for a TV competition. Aldo Leopold is rolling in his grave.

Whatever…

An ad for this show popped up on my Facebook feed. I left a comment stating my opinion of the competition concept and I was disappointed in Leupold for attaching their name as a sponsor.

Talking about kicking a hornet’s nest. According to Hunt Warz themselves, there is no possible way to sacrifice ethics to get ahead. I told them wildlife should be more valuable than cheap fodder for a TV competition. Aldo Leopold is rolling in his grave.

Whatever…

Hunt Warz and “Matt Walsh” two things I don’t give a F About that have both some how paid their way into my algorithm lately.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back