HUNT WARZ - bad idea or terrible idea?

Resurrecting this thread again looking for opinions:

I am trying to move into a “vote with your wallet” phase lately. I have used and loved Leupold hunting scopes my entire life. I love that that are American made and have a good warranty, along with a solid track record for me (although not always for others I hear).

Their VX-5HD 100% fits the bill for value and lightweight qualities I want on my next rifle, but I absolutely HATE that they are the title sponsor on something as repulsive as “Hunt Warz.”

Does a companies sponsorship or support of certain programs or policies change your spending habits?

I am trying to move into a “vote with your wallet” phase lately. I have used and loved Leupold hunting scopes my entire life. I love that that are American made and have a good warranty, along with a solid track record for me (although not always for others I hear).

Their VX-5HD 100% fits the bill for value and lightweight qualities I want on my next rifle, but I absolutely HATE that they are the title sponsor on something as repulsive as “Hunt Warz.”

Does a companies sponsorship or support of certain programs or policies change your spending habits?
For me it absolutely does. Do I really want my money going to sponsor some dork influencer to be a full time hunter/wildlife exploiter if I don’t like the things they do and represent?

There are brands I avoid, so yes.

Maybe those sponsors should talk with the guys over at Bud Light about getting an influencer, I think they have one for sale or trade.

This is painfully cringey... I wonder if Phelps is still a sponsor now that he is part of the MeatEater Empire?

Yes, I avoid companies that support stuff I don’t agree with. Not sure I can totally part with leupold but this is a terrible idea.

Yes, I avoid companies that support stuff I don’t agree with. Not sure I can totally part with leupold but this is a terrible idea.

Oh man! I agree. I wonder how @Big Fin feels about this. I decided to do some research before finalizing this post, and here is some important info. Here are some key statements that I found from Leuopold.

The mission of Leupold & Stevens is to continually improve products, to develop flexible manufacturing capabilities, and to put special emphasis on customer service. The ultimate goal is prosperity and a reasonable return for our stockholders.

BE RELENTLESS​

We're relentless because you’re relentless. You don’t back down. You don’t give in. You keep going when others stop. No matter where you take us, on the battlefield, in competition, or on the hunt, we won’t let you down.

Are they completing their mission? What about their Core Values?

I’m the same. I won’t be selling or tossing my Leupold stuff, but I want my dollars that I spend going forward to go to companies that don’t appear to prioritize profit/marketing over values conducive to the future of public hunting and wildlife in North America.

Back