Caribou Gear

Hunt video tips (Not for professional use).

Sytes

Planning a solo run. I purchased a Contour HD waterproof video camera.

Hoping some of you may posess some valuable tips learned for video taping the back country adventure, hunt, fish, etc.

A friend offered a couple tips such as gaining general footage. I.E. random 20 second clips walking passed the camera from different camera heights gaining front and rear footage. Attaching to a trek pole for face walking clips,
Basically gathering several short clips to later create the adventure.

I have a leupold spotting scope. If I narrow the view to 90* on the contour, will that capture video as it would a camera lense pressed to the eye piece?

Pass 'em on. Rookie to professional. All have experience or ideas that may be shared.

Tools I have: Tripod, leupold spot scope, 1 video camera, 32 gb (3.5 hrs video capable), digi camera/phone with video capable. Will consider others within reason - price wise for 1 hunt trip and strictly personal level.

Thanks

If your going to be in the back country for several days on end (without power to recharge your camera battery), then take an extra battery pack with you... My batteries tend to go dead just about the time you really need them!

I'd also take a second memory card with you, only because they take up about as much space and weight as a quarter...

You might be able to strap the camera to your arm that holds your bow so you can film yourself shooting a hug bull and still meet the requirment to not have a battery anything mounted on your bow....Lawnboy suggested it to me the other day.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back