Caribou Gear

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

But there’s also this.

I know I said idk if I want to run another marathon, but the cutoff for the 60k is 32hrs so basically I could walk it and still get a small belt buckle to show off to the mtb club.
But I think if I do that on aug 26th I think it would take the mtb race off the table and it’s really important to me to cuck out as many of the club members as possible this summer. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty cool thread, ive been kinda checked out the last few months since getting run ragged on the slopes last winter after boarding for the first time in about 10 years. I kind of had a reckoning with myself that went way deeper than snowboarding. I realized I was not in good enough shape to really enjoy the things I love to do or even wanted to do. I pretty much came one from the mountains and started working out late February. Changed a lot of things about my life with really the goal if just being as healthy as I can to enjoy life and in as good as athletic shape as possible.

Been mostly strength training high reps with dumbells and calisthenics.

My workout yesterday was shoulder and back, I always work in light weight high rep of some high mobility leg workout every day.
5 rounds of
Weighted lunges, lateral shoulder raise, front shoulder raise, shoulder press superset
Followed by 5 rounds of
Bent over row, incline reverse fly, standing row, push up position single arm dumbell rows superset.

Those garmin watches are pretty slick, nice to be able to monitor hr and keep it up. Get an idea of calories burned and your workout volume. From yesterday
Screenshot_20230601_143016_Connect.jpg

just days ago I sat here talking about how ultra running wrecked my body... and I now I'm thinking about signing up for a stage race in Moab next March. lol FML
Running my first ultra labor day weekend. CB to Aspen the grand traverse. Very excited should be a great way to gear up for a early October high alpine elk hunt.

Running my first ultra labor day weekend. CB to Aspen the grand traverse. Very excited should be a great way to gear up for a early October high alpine elk hunt.
I've done the GT twice in the winter. If that ever becomes your brand of crazy I highly recommend! It is a SCENE. The words "brush creek" to this day still make me want to puke a little bit. I'll likely do it one more time when I find a partner that will also do it with me again on skate skis.

Hit the track yesterday, ran 2 miles. First one at 8:02. Nothing special but nice to see everything else has been working. Last time at the track was April 22 and I couldn't run more than a 1/4 mile at a time.

https://www.purg4.com/
Anyone here done it? Starts in sugarite canyon/raton area and ends in Trinidad.
I've had my eye on this race for a couple years as i kept fumbling around getting my ass in gear. 6 mile trail run, 3 mile paddle, 16 mile bike ride ending at a trap range. Probably not in the cards for me this year I don't even have a bike at this pointbut this race will be one of my 2024 goals.

Beer league championship game is in a week from Wednesday - hitting the gym and keeping the legs primed. I'm also teaching some which has added a lot of ice time and I feel smoother out there. Couple that with a bit more cardio and some off ice stick handling exercise, this should be a cup year! Then I have to captain next season so I'll have to practice some leadership with these guys. Fitness comes in many forms

I have been through 3 sources for one of my meds. Supply issues with a generic.
Found it at walgreens for $3800.mo.
Told my clinic yesterday and just got a call a shipment was on its way. They found it in one day for free.
I'm doing damn good today!
Crazy what some of the meds cost. My Walgreens receipt says what I saved with my insurance and I can't believe some of the prices.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back