Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

If you go for a bike ride without Strava, did it really happen?
I like racing myself and seeing myself get better and messing with my gear to see if I can get better times on strava.
I 100% get motivation from the other dudes posting their stats in here too.
I don’t think that makes me a dork and I don’t think it’s a bad thing.
You say you have a high school wrestling background.
Let me remind you of a phrase I’m sure you’ve heard.
Steel sharpens steel, bro.

Did The Murph today. 1 mile followed by 100 pull-ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, and finished with another mile. You’re supposed to wear a weight vest, but I didn’t because mine’s organic and is always attached to me.

Since starting CrossFit over 2 years ago, my resting hear rate has gone down nearly 10 bpm. Though you can see how a tough workout will raise it for a day or two.

9C1F490E-0990-446A-8B20-0C0F93A5B841.jpeg

And today, you can see those miles in the two spikes.

4A490E86-368C-4FC5-BFBD-D37DA12871D4.jpeg

I like racing myself and seeing myself get better and messing with my gear to see if I can get better times on strava.
I 100% get motivation from the other dudes posting their stats in here too.
I don’t think that makes me a dork and I don’t think it’s a bad thing.
You say you have a high school wrestling background.
Let me remind you of a phrase I’m sure you’ve heard.
Steel sharpens steel, bro.
Nothing wrong with that. I used to be a data freak as well. Now, I just go hike, ride, run, whatever. In fact, I used to race weekly in the summer and loved it. Now, I could care less. It’s all good, it was just a smartass remark with no motivation behind it.

I do have this to show for my ride.

IMG_6497.jpeg

That max rate is super high, (unless you’re in your early 20s I guess)- that’s given’ er! Are you using a chest strap or wrist/watch heart rate monitor?

Wrist. Garmin Instinct. I know there is a fair bit of error in wrist sensors, but the Garmin seems to be a lot more accurate than the fitbits I had years ago. We’ve got a pulse odometer and have goofed off comparing the two.

Yeah, I’m in my late 30s and gave the last mile everything I had. Most workouts I max HR around 150.

Wrist. Garmin Instinct. I know there is a fair bit of error in wrist sensors, but the Garmin seems to be a lot more accurate than the fitbits I had years ago. We’ve got a pulse odometer and have goofed off comparing the two.

Yeah, I’m in my late 30s and gave the last mile everything I had. Most workouts I max HR around 150.
If you want to some ridiculous variance try an Apple Watch!

@DouglasR to feed your stoke… grandma made her way out here so tried to get back into the running thing, did 5miles weds, 13 Friday and 10 Sunday.

Was a little worse for wear Friday afternoon, but gotta start somewhere.

So like steel… but like if it was a Viking sword thrown into the ocean and recovered by Bobby Ballard 1000 years later

Last edited:
@DouglasR to feed your stoke… grandma made her way out here so tried to get back into the running thing, did 5miles weds, 13 Friday and 10 Sunday.

Was a little worse for wear Friday afternoon, but gotta start somewhere.

So like steel… but like if it was a Viking sword thrown into the ocean and recovered by Bobby Ballard 1000 years later
Ran for the first time since my last ultra in Nov21 and my body was like “nope… don’t you remember that pain this caused you” 😂

Dude this is why idk if I’ll ever run another full.
Looking at @BoulderBulls stats terrify me.
So much pain.
Yeah I ran 3 50k in 13 months and everything was fine until that last race. I got hurt, but didn’t stop, finished DFL. But I was left with severe nerve pain until October of 22 (11 months later). Which sucked bc i was loving trail ultras, was in the best shape of my life and then boom! All over. Couldn’t feel most of my left leg at times 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Yeah I ran 3 50k in 13 months and everything was fine until that last race. I got hurt, but didn’t stop, finished DFL. But I was left with severe nerve pain until October of 22 (11 months later). Which sucked bc i was loving trail ultras, was in the best shape of my life and then boom! All over. Couldn’t feel most of my left leg at times 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
If I’m gonna get injured I want it to be tomahawking on skis, going otb on an mtb or sliding on my ass through rocks with 10 days worth of food for an overnighter and and creedmore strapped to my back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back