PEAX Equipment

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

This is a bit more than last year, or I should say it’s earlier in the year for the miles. Last year I was hitting 40 by end of summer, but not this early.

And yes, training for something that seems very far away right now but gets closer every week I do my job.
I would never let you or border bulls get in my head and ignite my ego.
145403F3-B9B8-4076-BCCF-262DD2D4B52C.png52AB4B43-C9D6-4DE5-883F-BF14241F98F1.png

Sorry, for me it's just my weekly park run, but I'm getting quicker, slowly!
This was on Saturday, a beautiful sunny day brought out the runners!

There is a running group called 'vegan runners', he is my next target, he wears a shirt telling everybody he is a vegan (of course he does!) I was on his shoulder until the last 1k, but in my defence he is younger!
Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 22.29.12.png

I do track my distance closely just to try to hit weekly goals, but I agree with you here and I think there is really something to that especially from an aerobic zone training perspective.

From what I’ve read, it’s wise to run 80% or more of your weekly miles at a “conversational” pace- perceived effort is probably as accurate as any other measure for hobby joggers like us.
I agree it’s a good measure, but you also need to like pain for it to work :)

Another non-strava guy here. I use Garmin Connect, however, and really like it.

With a chest strap and Fenix watch, I get all sorts of useful info; for example, I can see my left/right balance start to go wonky every couple of months. I start running heavy on my left side, which leads to IT Band issues for me. I've learned that if I go to the chiropractor and have my hips straightened out and stay up on my strength training that I don't have issues and can run more miles without injury.

I also really like the VO2 Max tracker and Lactate Threshold because I can look back over the last six years and see my improvements. Running is one of the rare sports that you can improve through your 30s, most other sports you've long-since peaked and it makes me feel younger than I am knowing that I'm in better shape now than when I was 33 years old.

I ran an 11 mile trail run today with over 1200' elevation and beat my pace from last August by :30/mile and my heartbeat was 5bps lower. I like having that in an app so I can easily track it and see how I'm doing.

Last edited:

With a chest strap and Fenix watch, I get all sorts of useful info; for example, I can see my left/right balance start to go wonky every couple of months. I start running heavy on my left side, which leads to IT Band issues for me. I've learned that if I go to the chiropractor and have my hips straightened out and stay up on my strength training that I don't have issues and can run more miles without injury.

I also really like the VO2 Max tracker and Lactate Threshold because I can look back over the last six years and see my improvements. Running is one of the rare sports that you can improve through your 30s, most other sports you've long-since peaked and it makes me feel younger than I am knowing that I'm in better shape now than when I was 33 years old.

I ran an 11 mile trail run today with over 1200' elevation and beat my pace from last August by :30/mile and my heartbeat was 5bps lower. I like having that in an app so I can easily track it and see how I'm doing.
That's very interesting. Great that the tech can be helpful, I didn't know about helping detect injury's.

Damn that's awesome! I also primarily use connect, just the free features of Strava for fun local trail knowledge and I follow a handful of people try to learn from their workouts.

Connect is where I go for all my main stats and info

You nailed the improvement into 30s thing that really helps stoke my fire to keep at it

I can run from a cow moose...but I walked the ranch twice this week. I was never a runner.
I overdid it last weekend and moved some 40gal tubs ,planters, 20 feet. I hurt for a couple days.
Yesterday I moved 5 10' 6x6's next to the porch site to get ready to cut. Climbed the ladder a couple times.
This morning I'm at 175#s again. Not sore.

Yeah, been there! My youngest will give a squeeze on the love handles once in a while. Yeah yeah yeah, I’m workin’ on it…

Keeping up this week, but out of town for the next two days for a swim meet. Sunday will have to be a big one. 172 today, this would be a lot easier if I knocked 10-15lbs or so off the frame. Hopefully by the end of the summer.

Attachments

• 71D35DAE-B2D3-46DB-9837-9DAB105045A0.jpeg
    71D35DAE-B2D3-46DB-9837-9DAB105045A0.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 7
Having dinner at my mother in laws last night and something came up about being fat and my daughter goes “he’s the fat one here; I love his squishy belly” and points at me 💀

My daughter is 8; she knows it’s not nice to call people fat. She did it anyway.

Motivation cranked to 11 😂
Hahahaha and I take it that she will be cleaning up after the dog until she is 34?

It’s tough to find a better workout than swimming for overall health imo.👍
You got it, been doing about 1k to 1.7k yards 3-4x per week recently. Tried some sprints yesterday, felt pretty good so I'll be adding in more of those. Great stuff!

Back