Hunt Talk Hillybilly Fest Results {PICS}

I wanna be just like TurkeyEye when I grow up...
wink.gif

Geez!! Way to go TE, I'm jealous!! Congrats on a monster buck!! Did ya get buck fever when you saw them big ol' horns?? I guess you didn't since he is dead!!
elkgrin.gif

Oscar, I had the same thoughts about TE becoming a "Greenhorn" of the east or one in the making.
( There never will be another Greenhorn.
wink.gif
)

So if he and the other 2 sons can become all-around skilled hunters I will feel my job is done. I am waiting for the day they start teaching me. (Sorta looks like it will be sooner than I thought)

Nice buck Turkey Eye!

When seeing that big bruiser step out I don't know if I could've held it together...."I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Did ya get buck fever when you saw them big ol' horns??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I can help answer that! When TE leveled down on that doe he was completely silent...just taking care of bizness. When he saw that buck, he started breathing heavily...huff huff huff. I worried that he might get the shakes, but that gun was rock-steady as he aimed and fired. Offhand, on his feet, with a mongo buck that was obviously chasing a doe and about ready to clear out of the area at any second, with me whining "shoot! Shoot!" in his ear like an idiot.
rolleyes.gif
I'd say he got the fever (anyone who wouldn't needs to quit hunting
tongue.gif
), but he didn't let it get the better of him. Ice in his veins, I tell you!
biggrin.gif

Glad that i was there to see him get his buck, had fun and i belive i'll come back next year, again congrats nut and turkey eye

Little Nut you kept us laughing the whole time, Pop lol

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-11-2003 15:29: Message edited by: YoungRobinHood ]</font>

Way to go, that is one heck of a buck! I would sure like to put my tag on one that big. I was much the same as you, when I was younger I was taging out on good buck every year. Then reality set in and I haven't had a good season for the last three. Oh well!

Congrats once again that is one awsome buck

It was good to see all from last year.
I really enjoyed meeting YoungRobinHood. He is a very nice young man. And for meathead ty for skining the deer out. and Flipper that was nice of you to let the deer go by you.
Darren ty for a great time again.

It sounds like an amazing buck was the icing on a great outing among good friends, sometime we take for granted how hard it can be to find hunting partners that you can actually enjoy being with and respect. Sounds, like alot of selflessness went into TE's deer. Here's to many more great outing on Hillybilly Fest. Congrads, too all involved, Good Luck, JLG.

TurkeyEye, Your deer should score about 164 B&C I made a mistake in scoring it.
frown.gif
Sorry

You should have someone else score it to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back