Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hunt draws

heelerdog

Living here in California you are always in a draw situation for a quality tag. Well this year after I sent off our Fish and Game wish list I realized I was hoping my wife would draw more than I hoped I would draw. I really want her to draw an antelope tag. Some of you may remember my tale of woe on getting screwed out of the antelope we found as a family by some jerk off. The antelope made it through all three seasons last year, and it would be awesome if my wife could tie her very first tag on that particular antelope.
Anyways this got me wondering who have you hoped would draw a tag before you?

I put in for moose a bunch of times and never drew so I discouraged my 16 year old daughter from putting in. She used her own money and put in. I told her it was a waste of time and money but secretly hoped she would draw. She did, first try.

I put in for moose a bunch of times and never drew so I discouraged my 16 year old daughter from putting in. She used her own money and put in. I told her it was a waste of time and money but secretly hoped she would draw. She did, first try.

That is awesome! Did she bag one?

Hdog- I'm going to draw the Tables 2nd season this year (after being sooooo successful the past 15-16 years) and I'll even let you guide me to the secret spot! No sense letting that pig die of old age ;)

Put in again for X3B...maybe I'll get the chance to buy you a cold pop. :D

Yes Matt, she did bag 1.

We only had 3 days to hunt as I was on my way to Ak for caribou and then we were going out of town on business.
We saw 7 bulls on the first day and she harvsted the largest-700lbs-39"-still in velvet. Hangs in my house to remind me what I hope to achieve some day.

I have hoped for a quality tag for my wife and also for my dad. When my kids get old enough I will hope for a tag for them.

When I put in at the last minute for a bull hunt my buddy told me about then I drew it I really hoped he would also!

Marv if you draw I'll happily guide you. Although I cant bring myself to guide you to the family buck, I do know where one is that looked like he had friggin yardsticks coming out of his head. If as a last resort I can't get you on him I could be persuaded to give you a crack at the family buck. Also be advised my lovely bride put in for Period One so the family buck will be getting cut into edible portions right about the time Period Two fires up.

If you draw X3B I'll let you buy me a pop, unless I draw too which means well have to have a beer or 12 after a hard days hunt.

That's a deal heelerdog :D ...Glad to see the wife is going P1...I need all the help I can in getting the little ones out of the way LOL ;) ;)

I'd like the father in law get drawn for one last elk. He somehow gets drawn for the X zones wheneer he tries. he ends up around Alturas. The my neighbor has tried for 4 years for a buck in the D zones but the last shots he took he fired 5 shots at a buck that ws 225 yds out with his 30-30. I ended up hitting it, so I guess I owe him one.

Marv you are one funny guy. Keep it up and I'll forget where yardstick head lives. I saw on the F&G website they published the quotas. Antelope is down to 40 per period, down 10 from last year. Deer quotas are down again too, 3B lost 45 tags. Looks like it may be another stellar year for tag soup.

No kidding on the thin broth there heeler...what we need up your way is a lion hunt and SOON! Couldn't believe the amount of tracks I saw up around the rims west of Likely- esp the McGarva res. area. Don't know what's left for them to eat as the deer are down to squat in some of those areas...

Too bad the lions can't eat the tags we never draw... that's a joke, son.
Wait a minute -THIS is the year I'm supposed to draw 1st period antelope- not you guys! (That's ALSO a joke.) When I get my tag perhaps one of you gents would kindly point out Mr. Yardstick Head to me. Thanks a bunch, Dave.

Damn Bubba that's a set of stones you got there. If I was going to try and jack Marv's goat I would have at least sent a PM.:D

Got anything to say to the Dangerous one Marv?:BLEEP:

I hunted the area you mentioned last year, and you ain't kidding. Last time I hunted coyotes there I had one follow me for a ways. Fresh snow, my tracks and later lion tracks over mine, that sucked.

:D :D Don't worry about ol' Dave heeler...if he gets too close to yardstick you and I can just take a short roadtrip down to Schaffer Mountain/Adin and come home with a brand new diesel buggy! ;)

About those big brown cats....we saw a crapola load of tracks from just So. of Alturas, down through Calpine to Likely, and then south again along the canal clear up to the rims we were talking about. Saw a bunch more when hiking over in the Jess Valley area and also up by Porcupine camp when we packed into the Warners----freakin' things are everywhere up that way :mad:

You guys got nothing to worry about... I won't jack Mr. Yardstick on you. Plenty of speed goats to go around.
Might head up to Schaffer Mt. this weekend to check trail cams and springs -if I can afford the diesel. The .45 will be on the hip as a kitty repellent. Any critter trying to eat me would probably choke to death, so I've got nothing to worry about. DD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back