Caribou Gear Tarp

Huge mulie shed...

BuzzH

While a good number of big bucks are still packing, my buddies Doug and Terry (Colorado Oak) decided to try a bit of shed hunting.

We've been watching some big mule deer bucks, photographing them and waiting for them to drop. About 40-50% have shed.

Oak was particulary interested in one buck we saw that had one antler last week, so he waded through some snow and climbed to 9000 feet...a very smart decision.

This shed is an absolute BEAST. The particulars: main beam of 25 even eye guards are 3 1/8, G2 20 even, G3 13 1/8, G4 14 even...good mass. for a total score of 91 7/8. There is another 3 inches of trash for a total gross net of 94 7/8. We gave the buck an inside spread of 20 inches and if the other side is close we're talking a 209 typical...a freaking MONSTER. We're watching at least 3 other bucks in the same caliber and as of yesterday, they're still packing both sides.

Heres the picture:

Img103.jpg

A couple more of him and the other fresh sheds we found yesterday...

Img109.jpg

Img112.jpg

I got lucky.;) Hopefully we'll be just as lucky with the other side and the other big boys.

Oak

WOW!! That is an absolute HUGE shed. That would make a nice mount if the other side was found. Looks like you guys have found a sweet spot for shed hunting. Congrats!

Sweet rack, good luck with the other side and Fall of '05. I also liked the beer, Griz cap, Dominos coupons, and a pig warning sign. :D Also, you must be very proud of your Honor Dog. ;) :D

thanks for the share

Miller,

We thought the "beer-for-size-comparison" was a requirement for posting shed pictures on line.

Oak

We thought the "beer-for-size-comparison" was a requirement for posting shed pictures on line.
Oh, it is, but at least have the decency to have popped the top and celebrated a bit. ;) :D

Trust me, that beer's final minutes are immortalized in that picture. ;)

Oak

OK where do we sign up for the next field trip?? You guys have done great on the sheds! That one is a BEAST!!

Congrats guys on your finds. That is definetly an awesome shed. Good luck the rest of the year.

Back