Huge Antelope Island Bucks

bowhuntmontana

I live pretty close to Antelope Island. It is a pretty amazing place. I like to go see what bucks are around during the rut. This morning did not disappoint.

IMG_4546.jpg
First buck of the day. I am guessing he was pushing 200". Really nice cheater off one side.

IMG_4547.jpg

He joined several other deer in a rut fest in some thick stuff. There were at least 4 mature deer in there.

IMG_4552.jpg
Second buck of the morning. Had a broken G4, but still a monster.

IMG_4556.jpg
Third buck of the morning, still all on the same large congregation of deer. Not as big as some of the others, but tons of potential.

More pics to come.

This old bruiser was also in the mix. Super heavy.
IMG_4559.jpg

Here is another shot, sort of blurry, of that brute.
IMG_4566.jpg

I left that group and went down the road a bit further and spotted tines. Got this shot of a younger buck with a doe away from the competition.
IMG_4571.jpg

I went on to another spot I have seen bucks rutting in the past. I was not disappointed. There were two really nice bucks. One young non-typical, and a slick, 185 class typical. The non-typical was only 3, maybe 4. He has 3 drop tines and so much potential.

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

Hard to believe I could see two bucks like this in the same frame.

IMG_4597.jpg

I went back to where I had seen that other group of deer and found two more really good bucks with them, including a huge 3x4 with cheaters. A few of the bucks from earlier were also still in on the actions.

IMG_4677.jpg

Never thought I would get two more deer of this class in the same frame on the same morning. Heck, never thought I would ever see deer like this in my life, let alone get a few pictures.

IMG_4670.jpg

One other big buck in that bunch.
IMG_4680.jpg

Great pics. That non-typical has a similar build to this buck I filmed there two winters ago. Deer2.jpg

Crazy to think they all live in that area. Hope to go out there sometime to look at them in person

Thanks for posting. Those are some great pictures.

How close did you get and what kind of camera and lens do you use?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back