Caribou Gear

Huge 218 typical pics I promised.....

supersider34

Here are the pics of the huge typical I told you all about that was taken on the 27th of Oct. I dont know the story of the hunt but it will be in several magazines from my understanding. I was just priveleged enough to get to see it in person. It is 38 3/4 wide and has a inside spread of 30". The hunter Gary was jacked over this buck. The buck is getting mounted as a full body mount.
In the pics from left to right is Ron G. middle Jaime The hunter on the right is Gary.
here are the pics.
f6482dab.jpg

f6482da9.jpg

f6482da5.jpg

fca2e9e9.jpg

That buck is AWESOME!! It's really too bad it had those extra kickers which will probably take away from the overall score but who cares right? Definitely a buck of a lifetime! Huge congrats go out to the hunter and those who helped him. I'd like to see the full body mount when it gets done...I bet it turns out great. Thanks for posting the pics there ss34.

Well Jerry, you and I have both called others on critter size before and now I am calling BS on this one!!! :eek:

I cant imagine that buck scoring over 205 gross, the back forks are tiny!?!

You know big bucks better than I, having first hand experience with several over the last few years......are you sure this buck will score near 218? Do you know if that is the gross score with the length of the kickers added on??

He's a dandy in any book, regardless if I am right or wrong!

Ernie

I have to agree with hornseeker. That is an awesome buck, but 218" seems high. G4's are amazing, but g3's are not great. Thirty inch spread is great, but he will not get credit for it form the looks of those main beams. Nothing to write homne about on the mass either. I see you posted this on MM as well, so it will be interesting to see the comments over there. :eek:

I am not trying to crap on this buck. He is awesome and the buck of a lifetiem, but 218" seems pretty far fetched. Thanks for keeping us updated though.

Thats a sweet buck... With all the extras I'd say he's every bit of 218" gross non-typ. The back forks may look "tiny", but the G2 being 18" long probably will help make up for some of that AND 5" eyegurads... With my "expert" picture judging ability ;) I guessed him at about 217 gross or so. ;) Those eyeguards are amazing too! I would venture to guess that he's got a solid 195-200" gross main frame to boot! That is a damn fine buck for sure! Spread credit aside... he olny looses about 4-5" from that. Awesome deer congrats to the hunter BIG TIME.

Yeah, what a dink ;) That's one monster Muley! Thanks for posting the pic,SS and give that guy a major congratulations from us!!! :D

super buck--thanks for the pics--

main beams=50
G1=10
G2=36
G3=14
G4=26
Mass=40(this may be too much)
Inside spread credit=25
extras=unknown
I get 201 + extras which could equal 218 gross---I'd shoot him--chris

I will send this link to the Scorer who scored it twice with all of us standing there. See if he will send me the maesurements. It will be I believe the cover of Hunting Illustrated and I think it is in Muley Crazy. Inside spread on this buck is 30" and outside is 38 3/4". You have to see these horns to see the mass and the length on them. This buck has everything in a typical.

IdahoBugler has seen probably better pics of this buck. He probably seen field photos and knows the guy that was on the hunt Jaime. Wait till IB posts and find out. This is going to be one of those I guess you will ahve to wait to see the article for measurements because I am not going to sit here and argue over what I saw measured. Sorry all just post what I see and dont make the stories up like some do.

SS---pics are always deceiving to judge a score from and it doesn't take much to be off when you internet score, thus you will get different opinions from pics--I like others assume it's a green gross score based on the pics----it will be interesting to see the real measurements---and don't be sorry--it's a great buck and we all love to see big bucks regardless of the score......chris

The thing is I believe you Jerry, it just doesn't look like it in the pics. Dont want to argue, thats for sure. Cant wait to hear an official score.....

He does have long mains, so they will make a lot up with that big spread.

main beams=50
G1=10
G2=36
G3=14
G4=26
Mass=40(this may be too much)
Inside spread credit=25
extras=unknown
I get 201 + extras which could equal 218 gross---I'd shoot him--chris

That is probably pretty close, but now he is a 218" NT. It was posted that he was 218" typ.

I am not trying to piss in anyones Cheerio's, I just don't think he will go 218" typ. Of course I wasn't there for the measuring and I have been know to be wrong before. :D

"I have been know to be wrong before. "

Naaaaaaaah!!!! Not me!
Actually, on Chris's tally, "with the extras" he could green score 218 green gross Typ. Then, after deducting the extras and difference in symmetry you get your green Net typ score. So.....a gross typ score can be pretty close to a net nontyp score, except for symmetry of course. Does anyone follow that?

"Pissn in the cheerios" lmao

10-4 Hornseeker---if he nets 218 typ then it's further proof that it's hard to score from pics unless you can get multiple shots to see--either way he's toast in my crosshairs--a super nice buck for sure---chris

He looks like a gross main frame of 202 to 205 with about 16 inches of trash. Thats a huge buck in anybodies cross hairs. Congrats to Gary and everybody else involved. Sorry I can't see the 218 gross main frame. Maybe I am missing something in the pictures.

SS is right I saw the field photo's and they are sweet. I talked with Jamie and it seems this buck will be around the 213+" net typical range. They made a mistake on the inside spread credit that lost them 2". The longest main beam was right at 28" I think is what he said. The G2's were in the neighbor hood of 20". The G3's around 9" and I don't think he mentioned the length of the G4's. Like everyone said the pictures make this deer look smaller then the score indicates. But I will say that I believe SS and everyone else associated with this deer. Jamie kept saying the body of this deer was amazing. Which takes away from the size of the antlers.

Congrats to the hunter and I can't wait to read the story.

Later,

SuperSider,
Thanks for posting the pics. Montana sure has produced some huge bucks this year ;) . He doesn't look like he is a 218" typical to me but the pictures must make him look smaller than he really is. It looks like he has 15"-20" of trash which will bring his net score down. Great buck and congratulations to the hunter.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back