Caribou Gear

HT Hillbilly Fest 2003?

Well, the HT Hillbilly Fest Corporation of Kentucky, Inc., LLC, RT, HMFIC
wink.gif
is now the proud owner of one each 15-foot buddy stand and 15-foot regular ladder stand. That'll give the parents a decent place to sit with their kids and Flipper a place to get out of the way of charging does.
biggrin.gif

I haven't used a stand in a few years; hope I don't get vertigo setting them up.
eek.gif

As of Saturday AM, the one-person stand is in place and rock-solid. I made an attempt at putting up the 2-seater, but it was too dang heavy to put up by myself.
redface.gif
I could probably have gotten it up there, but the chances of having a ladder stand embedded in my forehead were a little greater than I liked.
wink.gif
Hopefully I'll get that one up this coming weekend, if things go as planned.

Have we decided on camping on the property? If so I need to get some firewood gathered up.
confused.gif

It's all fine for me too; whatever whirls everyone's cranks.

By the way, I know how you high-tech Hunt Talk types like your gadgetry, so I took the opportunity to download a topo map of our area. Our property is marked in red (as best I can figure, anyway):

land_topo.jpg

I also got an aerial photo of the same map:

land_photo.jpg

I hope those are as useful to you as they are to me.
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-22-2003 14:18: Message edited by: dgibson ]</font>

Howdy TE! You mean that spot labeled "Mine?"
biggrin.gif
That's just what it says it is, or rather, what it used to be. I believe it's now just some farmer's field & equipment sheds, but at one time it was a coal mine entrance or some such. Your spot is down by the choo-choo tracks near the bottom of the red box.
drool.gif

looks like im gonna have to pass this year. if i can get loaded that way can i join in at the last minute or do you need to know ahead of time. if i dont make it this year it will be priority next year.

No worries, Tim; swing by if you can. There's no big "must know" event or anything. I'll PM you my cell number, and I'm sure Meathead will have his on during non-hunting moments, too.
biggrin.gif
Sure would be great if you stopped in, but I guess if some big stinking elk is more important...
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Will be leaving about 4pm Friday to come up and hunt the early muzzleloader with ya Darren
wink.gif

Could not get anyone to go...or they had already made plans
rolleyes.gif
so I will be by myself.

Here's hoping those does aren't ganged up and waiting for old Flipper...maybe we can put the suprise on them since he's coming 2 weeks early.
wink.gif
If anybody hears of a large explosion of black powder in western Kentucky, you can just smile knowingly, nod and say "that was Flipper's last stand."
biggrin.gif

If all goes well, this time tomorrow we'll have backstraps...if not, well, I'll be in a ditch again.
eek.gif

Thanks, Martin...I may do just that. It's been good and relatively dry for the last few weeks, but it rained pretty good Monday and last night (of course
rolleyes.gif
).

If you talk to him before he leaves tonight tell him I've got a disk for him, too. Have fun on your night tournament!

HAHAHA...no ditches...I drove
tongue.gif

No kills either, but had a great time. Saw 8 deer between us and 4 of them were bucks.

Got to see 4 gobblers...1 bobcat and 1 Pimp beating his beotch
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Don't forget the...um...ice-cream eating lovers, and the raccoon, and the damaged b(.)(.)bies.
eek.gif
wink.gif

Yeah, I bummed a ride off Flipper...I didn't even bother trying.
rolleyes.gif
I think I'd have been alright, except maybe Saturday morning. But I acted like a wife and let Flipper drive while I complained about the neighbors.
biggrin.gif

Nut, I saw a buck that could have been a twin to Codie's, but a wee bit wider...that was about the biggest we saw. I only saw one doe and she never gave me a decent shot. Naturally, I spent the weekend surrounded by the Gibson family enemies, gray squirrels.
mad.gif

Flipper, The Boy wants to go hunting next weekend, and the fall gun season on turkey starts next Saturday, and since you roosted them for me and all....
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I just can't wait to get down there.Maybe I might get aother buck.I just hope I get a deer.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-21-2003 13:09: Message edited by: TurkeyEye ]</font>

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back