Hoyt Trykon...Bow of the Year??

twister50

Anyone shot the Hoyt Trykon, man it is a smooth and quiet bow....What are you thoughts about the Trykon...Bow of the Year??? What do you think..

Shot the trykon and the XL yesterday. I was very impressed. They were both very quiet and had absolutely no recoil to me, they were just dead in my hand after the shot. I didn't think the cam was quite as smooth as my current Ultratec with the regular cam and 1/2's but still very smooth none the less. For me the XL drew smoother despite the fact both bows were drawing the same weight and length. I will be buying a new XL in the near future.

I did'nt even have to shoot the trykon to tell anyone I don't like it, all I did was draw it back, I think its very harsh towards the end of the cycle, its like you hit the peak then whoop bang boom theres your backwall, was real unsteady in my hand, did'nt like it a bit, my buddys 05 ultramag is smoother then it IMO. It looks neat thats about it for me.

I chose between the Trykon and the Mathews XT the Xt felt better to me, the draw on the Trykon was a just not as comfortable. I ordered the XT hopefully it will be here next week. The Trykon does look sweet though.

Did the trykons you guys shot have 65 or 80% let off? The ones I've shot were 65 % and I was told that the 80% did have a more abrupt drop off at the back of the draw cycle.

I have shot the XT and the Trykon....and i chose the TYRKON...I shot the 65...everything was superior over the XT....Thanks!!!

Everyone has different preferances, some like fat chicks others like skinny chicks. I personally did'nt care for the trykon, for the big makers this yr, I think the XT draws the smoothest, but like the backwall in the bowtech tribute better.

Very True there GatoMan....We all agree on one thing though, We ALL Cant wait for the BowHunt to start...Hell Yeah.....Trykon and XT are Both GREAT BOWS..

I have to agree the end of the cycle really sucked on the Trykon, I shot the allegience, and then trykon, SB xt together and to me the xt was smoother on the cycle. Both bows shot awesome, just xt was slightly more comfortable to shoot.

Plus I was impressed that the xt was just as quiet as the trykon with none of the "silencers" that the trykon had already installed.

BTW i bought the xt same day

Switchback Xt

Shot the Trycon and the Switchback Xt along with many other great bows. The Trycon still needs a touch up on the draw, I was shocked at the two walls I hit while pulling it back. Switchback XT is the smoothest bow to the top. I really like the way the Trycon looks too bad it didn't all come together, so I took the skinny girl home instead (XT), and left the fat girl (Trycon) at the shop until it improves...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back