Howdie everyone

MinneFoCo

I just wanted to drop you all a line and introduce myself. I'm a Minnesota native that moved to Fort Collins 1 year ago. Turned 35 this year and outdoors.

I cannot claim to be much of a hunter, much more of an angler, but that's something I'd like to change. I will be hunting first season rifle this year. The vision for my hunt is puclic land and backpacking. I'm very comfortable in the wilderness, I'm an Eagle Scout, and I'm falling in love with the Colorado backcountry.

I've been been out scouting a couple of times with some binoculars and spotting scope. Went to GMU 231 which has a large heard but have not seen the game I'm looking for. I may have glasses up a few cows, but they vanished into timber before I could confirm my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Does anyone have any scouting tips,basics, advice? I purposely omitted the units I'm considering because Id like to be taught. My tag allows me to hunt multiple units and I think 231 might not be for me (pressure and accessibility to high and easy). I don't need your honey hole. I just need some guidance, a mentor p.

Since moving here, I haven't met a lot of people intrested in backcountry hunting and camping. A majority of my co-workers are women, and only one or two have any interest in hunting and camping.

Have a great day!
Aaron

Back