Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Howa - Super Lite - 308

Knowing that you are not giving advice, and that I need to carefully work up my own safe loads for my SL 308, I'd love to hear the load data for that 150g TTSX at 3005. That sounds like the perfect spot if I work up to it without signs of pressure. TIA
My loads is 2% over the max charge listed in the Speer #12 manual (which is 50gr) with WW 748 using Magtech #9.5 LR primers in Winchester cases, COL 2.43". Formerly I used CCI BR-2 primers but I can not notice any difference with using the Magtech in this load. This is over max according to the manuals I have checked, but I have no pressure signs. When sighted in at 200 yards the 130TTSX is -3.7 at 300 yards the 150 is -5.6, which makes these loads versatile and interchangeable past 300 yards in this gun. I am working up loads in nickel cases and expect I can duplicate this, if so I will switch to nickel cases for the 150's so it is easier to tell the two loads apart at a glace and without the need to look at the head stamp or bullet seating (the 150gr is seated out further than the factory 130 which is only COL 2.71).

My loads is 2% over the max charge listed in the Speer #12 manual (which is 50gr) with WW 748 using Magtech #9.5 LR primers in Winchester cases, COL 2.43". Formerly I used CCI BR-2 primers but I can not notice any difference with using the Magtech in this load. This is over max according to the manuals I have checked, but I have no pressure signs. When sighted in at 200 yards the 130TTSX is -3.7 at 300 yards the 150 is -5.6, which makes these loads versatile and interchangeable past 300 yards in this gun. I am working up loads in nickel cases and expect I can duplicate this, if so I will switch to nickel cases for the 150's so it is easier to tell the two loads apart at a glace and without the need to look at the head stamp or bullet seating (the 150gr is seated out further than the factory 130 which is only COL 2.71).
Thanks for the info! some of my pet loads are also above listed max, but I get there methodically as well.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but can someone measure the muzzle diameter for me around three barrel lengths. I am unsure of the barrel profile.
1. At the shoulder before the thread protector.
2. Around 18”
3. Around 16.5”

Considering one for a 358win but need a minimum of .610” diameter on the barrel somewhere between 16.5 and 20” Thanks!
Just checked my .308 barrel for you. It is .57 just behind the thread protector, .60 at 16.5, so it appears that it will not work for a .358 Winchester. FYI Wilson Combat now is offering NULA in .358 Winchester, at 5.17 pounds - but it'll cost you @ $3200, which is why I never could afford one and am so pleased to have these Howa Super Lites.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back