How would this guy rate.....

YoungNVHunter

I've been watching this guy for the last couple weeks, he hangs out on the golf course up by my house. At first I thought he looked average, not very big. I took some pictures of him and now I'm not sure. He looks a little short from the side, but from the front and back he looks completely different. I think he looks pretty thick above his cutters and his prongs curl in pretty good. I have a few years before I get to hunt antelope again so I'm working on how to judge them. First, would you take a hero pic with this guy? Second, what do you think he would score?

large1.jpg

large2.jpg

large3.jpg

large4.jpg

Pretty neat lookin... I wouldn't care what he scored and would love to have a hero pic with a buck like that.

Antelope sure love those golf courses don't they? Have a golf course here that is chocked full of em.

I would take a hero pick with that buck any day! I have no idea how to score a pronghorn though...

Those bucks with the horns that turn in are deceiving. I shot one in WY that didn't look that great from the side but when he went head on there was no doubt.

I agree, he's has above average mass, and will measure a little better than you think with those curls. Add his uniqueness in there and hes a great buck.

How would this guy rate.....

I am no good at scoring but if I see him in mid October, I will be picking up a piece of weatherby brass! I like the heart look of those horns

that's why I have 2 buck lope tags this year so I can get a CLOSER look...lol

Last edited:
I think he's a great looking buck and would be proud of him, love the heavy curl. I'll take a stab at a score, minus iPhone image quality handicap, he's around 70". As stated he's short from the side, ears appear to be at tops of cutters. Being generous, that would put the top of the cutter at 6". So with curl call him no more than 14". Cutters look good and mass seems thick all the way up. Could be way off but I don't think I'm am. Judging goats is hard, either way I have a bow tag that would look great on him.

He would score well,length means nothing.I have shot 16 in Goat's and they missed P&Y,that being said...My buddy shot a 13 1/2 goat and it scored 81...Mass is everything IMO

He would score well,length means nothing.I have shot 16 in Goat's and they missed P&Y,that being said...My buddy shot a 13 1/2 goat and it scored 81...Mass is everything IMO

Doubt there are many 16" antelope that don't score at least 70(isn't min P&Y 69?). Yours must of had no mass or prongs.

The buck in this post looks to be 75-77". Very unique horns.

good prong's and good mass, alittle short but he'll go at least 12 1/2" in length, should easily make P&Y minimum.... i'll go with 74-77 P&Y... but this buck is alittle deceiving.... I may be off, I don't get too see too many buck's with that kind of mass where I hunt in Idaho,
Matt

Back