How soon is too soon?

BackofBeyond

I'm in for ID Mtn. Goat, and I'm already starting to feel all itchy wanting to check IDF&G's website for draw results. Had the bad news by 5/17 last year... which means just two short weeks and "should" start seeing results out.

But here's the thing, I know, in my logical brain I have next to zero chance of drawing, but every year I'm in the same spot... dreaming about goats, thinking about goats, checking my e-mail 20 times a day to see if the results are in. 8 years in a row of disappointment, now on the 9th year of sunny optimism between paying my money and getting the draw results.

I guess here's to sunny optimism, and how soon is to soon to start asking if draw results are out yet? Anybody else get overly excited in the build up to draw results?

I'm from AZ. I put in for sheep and just happy to donate money to IDGAF. Maybe sometime I will get lucky and receive a tag........

To answer your question. It is never to early to ask and you should always dream about going on a hunt!!!!!!!

As a resident you have a decent chance in any unit. I'm a resident and me and two buddies have been trying for 4 or 5 years for one of us to pull goat and have struck out so far. Maybe 2020.... Eventually you'll hopefully pull a tag. I hate the wait too.

Pulled ID Moose as non-resident a few years ago. Have put in for sheep most years and some years opted to apply instead for goat. Do not recall why I put in for moose but think only did the one time. In for sheep this year.

Glad some of you guys have had a moose tag before. I am gonna be lost on where in the hell to even start if I draw the one I put in for.

They email everyone when the results are posted so you don't have to keep checking anymore. Will it be by this Friday? Will they triple check it again and be weeks late?

They email everyone when the results are posted so you don't have to keep checking anymore. Will it be by this Friday? Will they triple check it again and be weeks late?

Pretty sure the deer/elk results were posted online a day before the email last year. But maybe I am remembering wrong... Either way I'll probably check on my moose tag every day this and and multiple times a day on Thursday and Friday 😁

I hope I have the dilemma of having to choose between going with you after California bighorn or going with my brother after Rocky Mountain bighorn.

It turns out that neither my brother nor Mica Man are that lucky, but I have another friend who has invited me to go with him when he hunts for his California bighorn!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back